Quit thinking of yourself when designing! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Quit thinking of yourself when designing! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; The new STS has the power tilt and telescoping steering standard on all models. So does the XLR. The Escalade ...
    gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Thumbs up Re: Quit thinking of yourself when designing!

The new STS has the power tilt and telescoping steering standard on all models. So does the XLR.

The Escalade and SRX don't have the telescoping steering, but they do have adjustable pedals (accelerator and brake).

Looks like Cadillac is one step ahead of you.

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Re: Quit thinking of yourself when designing!

I first saw a power Tilt & Telescope in a 2001 Cadillac road show. What a waste, I think they only did it because lexass and mercedes bozo have it. the lexass was soooooooo slow to tilt it ws comical.

As for heights, I completely agree with stoneage. I'm 5'8" (about average) but my wife is only 5'0" (barely) and she has a VERY difficult time with a LOT of cars. Tilt wheel is a MUST as is a power seat. Memory seats are almost a necessity too because she NEVER puts the seat back when getting out of the car...

She fit very good in our 2001 Miata. But she started complaining of back pain. so we traded it for a 2000 Eldorado convertible. She crashed that, then after it was repaired, complained that she didn't "fit it right" so we looked for something smaller. She "fits" the Catera really well, but that car had too many issues. We looked at CTS, but she balked on the big seat belt anchor that's literally in her face when she turns to look over her left shoulder. She fits the Malibu really nicely, but no power seat or memory options, no climate control either, etc., etc., etc.

So we eventually got a CTS, not perfect, but she's ok in it. She't still too close to the wheel though.

Interestingly she drives the Fleetwood Brougham a lot - never complained about fitting that car, but I noticed that she is REAL close to the wheel on that car. The only one she won't drive is the old DeVille conv - it needs an engine overhaul anyway.

Rear lights, they are supposed to be in insulated sockets, and should be able to take all manner or spray, etc. Yeah they probably screwed up the design by not shielding them, but you can get some masticated rubber and correct that yourself. Try changing the front side markers on a 1968. You have to remove the lamp assembly from the inside then take it apart, to get the bulb out. I've had a burned out bulb for two years baause of this. So they have gotten better. My 1995 has never needed any taillight bulbs, but I did go through two reverse light bulbs so far.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.