xts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, xts in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; can anyone explain why the v8 will stop production and be replaced with the v6 turbo? I am a v8 ...
    jaurig is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 sts

xts

can anyone explain why the v8 will stop production and be replaced with the v6 turbo? I am a v8 cadillac driver for a long time. I am torn with buying now or waiting for the xts. will the v6 turbo give me the same feeling of power?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Re: xts

Assumibly the 3.6L DI TT will make 425 hp. A lot more than the Northstar V8.
    From experience from the 2.8L double scroll Turbo, I can say, that the turbo lag is almost gone, the torque is ample and the mpg should be the same as the non-turbo. If you look at BMW 3.0L DI and DI turbo they list the same mpg.

Since the XTS is a comfort cruiser I wouldn't worry about the feel. But that's my opinion.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Re: xts

And the Northstar will stop production, because the efficiency is dated and it cannot be improved much more. Since modern V6's can deliver those dated V8 performance (the 3.6L DI makes 304hp opposed to the 320hp of the N*), the Northstar doesn't make no sense any longer.

There is a long discussion and speculation going on, wether GM cancelled the development on the new ultra-V8 (replacement for N*) or not. Typically a larger V8 will have more torque than a turbo V6, but nowadays the gap is getting smaller. It will be the question wether a new V8 is justified beside a 3.6L V6 DI twin-turbo delivering the gap below the 400hp 6.0L V8 with great mpg.

At first we will see the 3.0L Turbo replacing the 2.8L turbo, a development thought cancelled before and suddenly appeared anyway. As it will deliver more power than the 3.6L DI with at least as good mpg there is no other way than put a turbo on the 3.6L as well. But that's just my logic and speculation.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.