97 deville - a piece of crap
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, 97 deville - a piece of crap in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; during the 80s i purchased over 100,000 on two eldos-3 sevilles and a 82 diesel-well 2 sevilles and one eldo ...
    ronw60 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

my 97 deville is a piece of crap

during the 80s i purchased over 100,000 on two eldos-3 sevilles and a 82 diesel-well 2 sevilles and one eldo and the 82 deville had engine replacements-my cars were at hanley dawson cadillac more then my own garage-each time i had to pay 500.00 labor-add that up-i gave up on cadillacs-well i thought let me try the northstar-i bought a 97 deville for my father-used with 55,000-the car is in prestine condition-after one month the dash is falling apart-the a/c just quit-the door courtesy lights wont stay in the doors -the check engine light comes on -it has a mind of his own-why-why did i buy a cadillac-their not worth the pain-and theres a giant lie on the owners manual-creating a higher standard-what a giant bullshit line-iam going to patch this thing up so another sucker can own a piece of crap-keep up the good work,ron whitmore

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ben72227 is offline Banned

Re: 97 deville - a piece of crap

well ron, i don't know what to say to that. All GM (all american cars for that matter) definately have mechanical issues with them, but they are getting better.

I mean, if Cadillacs were as realiable as Hondas, what would Mechanics do? They'd have to find new jobs is what. Obviously if we make the cars too reliable, we will put mechanics out of work. Don't you think GM knows that? So, of course they design their cars to be a bit less reliable than Jap cars.

But really Ron, if you take care of your vehicle, it will live a long life.

Look at me, i have one of the "worst" cadillacs ever made and its still goin' after all these years. It just depends on how well you take care of your car.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Wow!, Ron that stinks those DeVilles are usually really good. You got the rotten apple, it aint supposed to be like that.

99Zee28 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by ben72227
    well ron, i don't know what to say to that. All GM (all american cars for that matter) definately have mechanical issues with them, but they are getting better.

I mean, if Cadillacs were as realiable as Hondas, what would Mechanics do? They'd have to find new jobs is what. Obviously if we make the cars too reliable, we will put mechanics out of work. Don't you think GM knows that? So, of course they design their cars to be a bit less reliable than Jap cars.

But really Ron, if you take care of your vehicle, it will live a long life.

Look at me, i have one of the "worst" cadillacs ever made and its still goin' after all these years. It just depends on how well you take care of your car.
    Maybe if the Americans got their stuff together Toyota wouldn't be the second largest auto manufaturer in the US! That's pretty sad that the big 3 are no longer at the top of the list in their own country!

It all comes down to what Edward Demming did for the Japanese back in the 70's. The US shipped him over there and look what happened! Big mistake! He improved on their quality! He showed them what to do and it worked. It comes down to the US not having the knowledge and skill that makers like Toyota and Honda have. There are so many ways to improve on quality, something Toyota and Honda have mastered and continue to improve upon every year.

So GM makes cars of lower quality to keep mechanics in business? Probably 85-95% of the mechanics in the world don't even work at GM Dealerships! What does GM care about them? NOTHING! They don't care if "Joe's Garage" down the block goes under! If their cars were more reliable they would gain more customers, thus gaining revenue and also lowering their warranty expenses.

Quality never costs more money but rather saves money for company's! The transaction of a sale is never the end of the relationship between a buyer and a seller.

Also, the hardest thing for a company to do is attract new customers. Retaining old ones is easier. With poor quality they're driving away their current customers and losing them to the likes of Honda or Toyota!

Later

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.