worst car i have ever owned !!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, worst car i have ever owned !! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I just bought a 94 Deville and I can say it is the single worst car I have ever owned. ...
    bigcountryfx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Angry worst car i have ever owned !!

I just bought a 94 Deville and I can say it is the single worst car I have ever owned. I expected much more from this luxury car...what I got was a ton of electrical problems on a car with 75 k miles on it. Maybe I was wrong to have the impression that because it is a cadillac, a top of the line GM auto, that it would go with no problems for a long long time, like my Lincoln town car.....guess what...NOPE !!!
    I cant believe after browsing this forum that there are so many problems with cadillac autos and people still keep buying them...if i had paid fifty thousand dollars for a car that crapped out after a couple of years, as some posts on the technical forums indicate, I would lose my mind. The only thing going for the deville as far as I can see is that it is a bit more roomy in the front seat area than my lincoln, but that is it !! It doesnt drive as well or handle as well as a lincoln town car....after owning this car and the t.c....why would anyone ever by a caddy? They just dont cut the mustard...and the front wheel drive feeling and vibrations in the car are bad. Again....the town car glides like on a cloud....like driving a luxury car...oh wait....IT IS !!! My tc has 190,000 on it and no problems....Cadillac, 78 and tons of problems....all electrical in nature and ridiculous to try and find what actually causes them.
    To any execs or anyone else interested in buying a cadillac....test out the Lincoln town cars first...I'm sure the difference will be noticable and they are known for going well over 100 k without crapping out. I plan on selling the caddy as soon as possible and never buying another GM car again. Fords, Lincolns or a German or Japanese car...for reliabilty is the way to go it seems.

cheers,
    bigcountryfx

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

Re: worst car i have ever owned !!

get a Fleetwood then. to me it was the only Cadillac worth buying. i had a TC and it was a good car i agree with you but i had to sell it cause it started to mess up, just alot of different things (250K though). my Continental isnt the greatest but its cool. the only thing is the ride control Cadillac is far superior to Lincoln in air suspension. but if you want a good Caddy, buy a Fleetwood it wont let ya down.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

So you got one that obviously wasn't maintained. There are thousands of websites containing the problems with Mercedes, BMW, Acura, etc. etc. One of the most expensive problems can be the air shocks. However, with Cadillac they can be replaced with passive struts, for example. With the late 1990's Continentals, for example, they cannot be fixed cheaply and require an very expensive trip to the dealer for the air bladder suspension running in the numerous thousands of dollars. Too bad you sold you TC if it was so good. Most here have had good luck with Caddies, but there are understandable exceptions with ANY car make! Especially a used one where the history of maintenance can be foggy at best.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

When you purchase a 10 year old plus car it's a crap shoot, that is unless you know the cars history, I have a customer that just purchased a 1990 BMW 740I with 65,000 miles on it, he thought he was getting a good deal at 21k, he told me this weekend that he has put over 13k in the car since March, so you just never know.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by bigcountryfx
    I just bought a 94 Deville and I can say it is the single worst car I have ever owned. I expected much more from this luxury car...what I got was a ton of electrical problems on a car with 75 k miles on it.

I cant believe after browsing this forum that there are so many problems with cadillac autos and people still keep buying them
    Sounds to me like you bought a piece of junk (probably off of some mom-and-pop used car lot) that in a 10 year span has probably had 4 previous owners who treated it like a tank. Sorry to hear about your "bad luck" but next time do some research about what to look for when buying a used car before you write the check. You cannot hold a grudge against GM and all other Cadillac owners just because you bought a decade old POS. I've never had problems with reliability on GM cars.

orange is offline Cadillac Owners Member

one car put this guy off... i've been in a few caddies, i hopped in a 95 i think eldo and thought it was one of the worst cars for comfort.. i was used to the double-pillows of fleetwoods and 80's eldos.. this thing was like sittin on phone books... still i'd take a caddy over any car ANY day, and i've only ever driven in ONE (it was a heap too 79 sedan deville with collapsed seat)

509Rider is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 fleet, 95 fleet, 59 impala

I just bought a 94 Deville and I can say it is the single worst car I have ever owned. I expected much more from this luxury car...what I got was a ton of electrical problems on a car with 75 k miles on it. Maybe I was wrong to have the impression that because it is a cadillac, a top of the line GM auto, that it would go with no problems for a long long time, like my Lincoln town car.....guess what...NOPE !!!
    I cant believe after browsing this forum that there are so many problems with cadillac autos and people still keep buying them...if i had paid fifty thousand dollars for a car that crapped out after a couple of years, as some posts on the technical forums indicate, I would lose my mind. The only thing going for the deville as far as I can see is that it is a bit more roomy in the front seat area than my lincoln, but that is it !! It doesnt drive as well or handle as well as a lincoln town car....after owning this car and the t.c....why would anyone ever by a caddy? They just dont cut the mustard...and the front wheel drive feeling and vibrations in the car are bad. Again....the town car glides like on a cloud....like driving a luxury car...oh wait....IT IS !!! My tc has 190,000 on it and no problems....Cadillac, 78 and tons of problems....all electrical in nature and ridiculous to try and find what actually causes them.
    To any execs or anyone else interested in buying a cadillac....test out the Lincoln town cars first...I'm sure the difference will be noticable and they are known for going well over 100 k without crapping out. I plan on selling the caddy as soon as possible and never buying another GM car again. Fords, Lincolns or a German or Japanese car...for reliabilty is the way to go it seems.

cheers,
    bigcountryfx

illumina is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!

when you buy a used car, be it off a lot, or from a private party, you should expect to pay at least $300.00 for different kinds of repairs it will need. that goes for any car, and the higher end the car, the more you may have to pay.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I had a 94 deville and despite sitting four years virtually undriven, i had to get a new compressor and fuel pump, but other than that i had no problems. Now if it hadn't met an Icy death, it would still be running. Just because you bought a crap car doesn't mean that you can rag on the whole car company.

ljklaiber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS 200K miles

Bracsyk!

That is one fine Hi Mile ride ya got . Proud of you. As an old Guy, I am proud of what young folks are doing with their vehicles. Carry On!

ben72227 is offline Banned

i know this may sound harsh, but bigcountry, did you ever think about running a VINcheck (a.k.a. CARFAX Report)???? You probably would have found the car to have numerous records on it....

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

yah i definatley wouldnt blame cadillac for the car ...

Mine is haveing its share of weird issues but 95% of it was due to the previous owners negliect

i had a town car for a month when i live in cali (it was a 98 i was there in 99) , WHAT A PEICE! constantly warped rotors(i went thru a set myself) , engine burned oil (typical mod motor ford) , itd stall out for no reason on the 405 .......nice ride , pretty car but when i got a new daewoo nubria at turn in i was much more happy that i could trust a car to go to and from LAX (it was towed back 2 times out of 4 attempts)

As for the 94 deville , remeber thats the first year for that body style and design , combine that with poor maintenace youve got a recipie for disaster ...ive only found 2 real errors on cadillacs part , one is the suspension system the other is the lack of protection for the tailight wireing from the elements

Common knollege with corvette people that you avoid first year vettes ( '53 '63 '68 '84 '97 '05) same holds true for many other makes of cars inside gm and outside gm

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

cheers,
    bigcountryfx

You buy an unknown 10 year old used car and take that as "representative" of what Cadillacs are like. Hmmm... wonder if that car was a reclaimed salvage car or something rescued from a flood.... That is the chance you take. Obviously you didn't pay $50K for it...LOL...treat it like the $2.5K used car it is and forget about it....or buy a new Cadillac so that your bitching will have some credibility.

illumina is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!

Quote Originally Posted by bbob
    treat it like the $2.5K used car it is and forget about it....or buy a new Cadillac so that your bitching will have some credibility.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ljklaiber
    Bracsyk!

That is one fine Hi Mile ride ya got . Proud of you. As an old Guy, I am proud of what young folks are doing with their vehicles. Carry On!
    Hey thanks, i'm already up to 283k, so i better change that soon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.