Thank you For the CTS!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Thank you For the CTS! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Thank you Cadillac. Thank you, Mr. Lutz. And thank you General Motors. The CTS is the car that may have ...
    fastball is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thank you For the CTS!

Thank you Cadillac. Thank you, Mr. Lutz. And thank you General Motors. The CTS is the car that may have well saved the Cadillac Motor Division, and in a small way, GM itself. Cadillac was in danger of not only being lost against the competitors from Germany and Japan, but their cars were begining to fall so far out of touch with what people want that the core of their customers have already been retired for 20 years!

I am 27 years old. I've been set on Japan's renowned trouble free designs and Germany's fine craftsmanship. I drive a Honda Prelude now. I've been contemplating going to a touring sedan for a while. Up untill about 3 years ago, I would have never considered a Cadillac in a million years. I think I am the demographic that Cadillac had to tap into in order to stay afloat. And stay afloat you are.

In fact, I am so thrilled with the new direction of the CTS, STS, SRX, and XLR that I have dumped all plans to go with either an Acura TL or Audi A4 in lieu of a CTS 3.6 six speed.

This is a car that makes me proud. Proud to know that Detroit could really put together a well built, well engineered, and well thought out car. I've just been begging for one, and now they've been delivered.

Along with the new Pontiacs, it seems GM has really done a great job reinventing itself, and doing what we all knew had to be done: beat the imports at their own game, and building a car that's refined and reliable.

Thanks for bringing me back to the blue square. I've always said, I would buy American first if they built a product that was worth my money..... they have and I will.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JoeKr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS 3.6l SFI 6MT

Re: Thank you For the CTS!

Fastball,

Your post was well stated and I could not agree with you more if it wasn't for one simple fact --- GM has yet to build a single 3.6 l 6-speed manual powertrain for sale to the public.

I would reserve any compliment until they deliver.

My $0.02 ----

Regards,
    JoeKr

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.