Diesel CTS Sport Wagon with a 6 spd
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Diesel CTS Sport Wagon with a 6 spd in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Dear GM, As a potential buyer of the new 2010 CTS Sport Wagon, I would like to suggest a few ...
    chkline is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX (wifes) 06 STS (mine)

Diesel CTS Sport Wagon with a 6 spd

Dear GM,

As a potential buyer of the new 2010 CTS Sport Wagon, I would like to suggest a few options.

We currently own a 04 SRX, and a 06 STS. We really enjoy both cars, and will continue to try and purchase Cadillac products.

I really like the styling of the CTS Sport Wagon, and really like the added space and convenience the wagon gives. Having young children this car makes a lot of sense for my young family.

I recently looked at the web page and was disappointed to see just an automatic transmission offered and just the two 3.6L engines. I read long ago that the wagon would most likely be the first Cadillac to get a diesel option here in the US. I also figured the 6 spd manual from the sedan would also be available. Both of these options would appeal to me.

I may be wrong, but I imagine most people that will be interested in a sporty wagon will be coming from European wagons like the Mercedes, BMW's and Audi's. All of these cars are offered with manual transmissions, and many enthusiasts want this feature.

Just my 2 cents as a prospective buyer. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

inurok is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V Black/Black

Re: Diesel CTS Sport Wagon with a 6 spd

Everybody thinks diesel is the new holy grail for the future. yes they have improved but their minimal improvement is gas mileage is not worth the huge premium they charge over their higher HP Gasoline versions.

Wagons never do good here I don't know what Cadillac is thinking.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

more than 50% of the cars in europe are diesel. It is a selling point to get a serious stake of sales in Europe. Meanwhile more and more diesels are being sold in the US as well. Like Audi, VW, Mercedes Benz, BMW...

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

I would be interested in a diesel station wagon. I like the look so if you could get the mileage up a bit it would make one nice DD.

waffleman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I too would love to see a good diesel in the CTS or wagon. And wagons do make alot of sense - good efficient space with better MPG. I'm between the BMW's (I love their diesel in the 3 series) and CTS. The drawback of the 3 series diesel is that it's not offered with a stick (apparently they can't figure how to put a stick in a car with so much torque).

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by waffleman View Post
    I too would love to see a good diesel in the CTS or wagon. And wagons do make alot of sense - good efficient space with better MPG. I'm between the BMW's (I love their diesel in the 3 series) and CTS. The drawback of the 3 series diesel is that it's not offered with a stick (apparently they can't figure how to put a stick in a car with so much torque).
    Maybe not in the US...? Stick is standard here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.