Who is the genius at Cadillac who makes up the option packages?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Who is the genius at Cadillac who makes up the option packages? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Regarding options for manual transmissions for the 09 CTS...why can't one get a V6 DI, manual transmissions, with all season ...
    waffleman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Who is the genius at Cadillac who makes up the option packages?

Regarding options for manual transmissions for the 09 CTS...why can't one get a V6 DI, manual transmissions, with all season tires (why do they force you to get summer tires...what if you live up north??) - who is the genius in Cadillac who makes up the option packages anyways???

The 2009 Cadillac CTS RWD with manual transmission and 3.6L Variable Valve Timing V6 DI Direct Injection engine requires the Summer Tire Performance Package. The base model without the Direct Injection engine can be ordered with the manual transmission and does not require the Summer Tires."

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Who is the genius at Cadillac who makes up the option packages?

Living up north, like I do, why would you want all season tires on a CTS with the performance options? All season tires require you to make sacrifices in the summer and in the winter. I would never skimp on tires. Use the dedicated summer tires in the summer and switch to dedicated winter tires in the winter. This would give you better performance in the summer, and much more traction in the winter. Sure you can get by on A/S's in the winter...but youre buying a near fully optioned CTS. Why would you cheap out on the tires?

waffleman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I still don't understand... if I can buy a RWD automatic DI with all season tires, why don't they offer a RWD DI MT with all season tires? Is there a performance/traction difference with MT vs automatic that necessitates the change in tires?

Does everyone who purchases a CTS DI with automatic transmission with all season tire switch to winter tires in the winter?

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

Quote Originally Posted by waffleman View Post
    I still don't understand... if I can buy a RWD automatic DI with all season tires, why don't they offer a RWD DI MT with all season tires? Is there a performance/traction difference with MT vs automatic that necessitates the change in tires?

Does everyone who purchases a CTS DI with automatic transmission with all season tire switch to winter tires in the winter?

Because people who buy the manual are going for better performance - summer tires give them that.

bbshriver is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

That's making an assumption that people only get the MT for performance.. What about fuel mileage? reliability? Just plain prefer MT??
    Personally I would NEVER prefer an auto over an MT.. Even converted my 96 Jeep Cherokee from automatic to manual. If I could find a way I'd probably convert my 05 STS to manual as well.

Most car-manufacturers have non-sensical options lists I don't really get most of it. I'm sure it has to do with cost, but why should the transmission affect tires?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.