Will GM Cadillac Certified Warranty I bought in 06 be honored if bankrupt?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Will GM Cadillac Certified Warranty I bought in 06 be honored if bankrupt? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Will GM Cadillac Certified Warranty I bought in 06 be honored if bankrupt? It is the 6 year 100,000 that ...
    B8TZM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Will GM Cadillac Certified Warranty I bought in 06 be honored if bankrupt?

Will GM Cadillac Certified Warranty I bought in 06 be honored if bankrupt? It is the 6 year 100,000 that dealers sell. If there is another thread here or anywhere please provide link. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Re: Will GM Cadillac Certified Warranty I bought in 06 be honored if bankrupt?

If GM is bankrupt they will cease to operate and will have no resources to do much of anything. Obama claims that the federal government will pick up the slack so you'll take your car to the IRS to get it fixed.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

The warranty would only be void if GM went out of business (which is different than bankruptcy), and the Government did not follow through on their pledge to back the warranties. Even after Oldsmobile ceased to exist, people's warranty claims were honored at other Dealerships.

Chances are that GM will go into a "pre-packaged" bankruptcy that will only last days or weeks, after which Cadillac and Chevy will continue to operate as normal (including warranties). Since the Governments of Canada and the US have already arranged over $40B in DIP financing to sustain the company while Cadillac and Chevy are split off from the "bad" parts of GM, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

hhkov8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Excuse my bad english...

I bought my STS April 2009, that car was built 2006, warranty in Germany started October 2008 and should last for three years (or 100.000 km).

Some weeks ago the european GM-importeur went into bankrupty. From that time on no one knows how warranty will be managed in future. Cadillac owners now have to pay even for warranty works and it is not sure when and even if they will get their money back. In Germany it is difficult now to get parts for Cadillac.

Who can tell me when and how I will get normal warranty for my car again?

I am quite sure that GM can not sell any new Cadillac in Europe as long as there are problems with warranty!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.