The worst customer service we've seen...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, The worst customer service we've seen... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; We've purchased 5 new different GM vehicles over the past few years. Several new VW's, an Audi, Ford Explorer, and ...
    Ketzer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): aintgotnarn

The worst customer service we've seen...

We've purchased 5 new different GM vehicles over the past few years. Several new VW's, an Audi, Ford Explorer, and a Mini. We are familiar with getting our vehicles serviced and with the treatment expected.

From the very start of looking at Cadillac, we've been bombarded with how important customer service is to the Cadillac brand. It is all over the brochures. Touted as "Owner privileges", "upper tier", "best luxury brand". And yet, after two months of ownership, we've had the worst experience of any brand we've owned.

My wife is now afraid to take our vehicle in to the service department for fear of what damage they may do and then deny.

A brief rundown of the main details,
    Our 09 CTS-V had 1,000 miles on the odometer and we decided to change the factory wheels. I had my local dealership do the transfer at a premium to insure everything would be done to spec and calibrated to the car.
    During the transfer of tires, my factory wheels were scratched.
    The service advisor and service manager said they were not liable, wheels must have already been damaged, they had never damaged a wheel, it was impossible.
    The agent at the 1-866 number said he had to trust what the dealership tells him. He would not help resolve the conflict. He referred me to a district supervisor. This person said it should be handled by the dealership and he would prefer I start over dealing with them...

I've now had over a month of phone calling, taking notes, asking for help. I've been refused service, called a liar, accused of fraud, and dumped back on the dealer service department that refused to help us in the first place. The specific problem with the damage is really minor, but the amount of people who have refused to take responsibility is alarming.

What do we think of Cadillac as a brand? The car is excellent. The "luxury service" is less than we could get at a corner used car lot.

If anyone would like to offer the name and physical address of someone at Cadillac who will take a look at my case, I have a complete timeline breakdown, contacts made, conversations had, and pictures of the damage that I will gladly submit for judgement?

Jeff Kiestler
    Cadillac case #71-709810145

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: The worst customer service we've seen...

Wow. A lot of views, no one has an opinion?

ejguillot is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS

Sorry to hear of your experience. Do you happen to have any pictures of the wheels, either before or after?

I'm sorry, I don't have any pre- pictures. Not trying to be a smartass, but who knew I would have to be that dilligent in dealing with Cadillac of all people. I completely bought into their hype.

Official word today from a "district" agent. It is not the fault of Cadillac service. They do not scratch wheels. Their machine is perfect. They have not ever scratched a wheel.

inurok is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V Black/Black

Yep cadillacs dealer suck compared to BMW etc. They want to charge BMW prices with lack luster dealer customer service.

I dropped my 2003 BMW 745i for service once and picked it up and noticed a big scuff on one of my rims. Well the advisor scheduled to have the rim fixed right away no questions or pointing of blame.

Service for both my previous BMW or Acura was top notch every time in spite of the age of my vehicle.

I bought my BMW at a mercedes dealer but BMW always gave me a actual Dealer BMW loaner cars.

At Cadillac if you didint buy the car from them they push you into a Enterprise rent and most times it NOT a Cadillac.

I know there are some great Cadillac dealers out the but so far the 2 I have been to have left alot to be desired.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.