Cadillac continues to disappoint me... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Cadillac continues to disappoint me... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by The Tony Show Flagship cars are not money makers- they're image cars. The S-Class, 7 series and ...
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Cadillac continues to disappoint me...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    Flagship cars are not money makers- they're image cars. The S-Class, 7 series and LS460 make up a very small part of their respective companies' portfolios, whereas they make the majority of their sales on the C-Class, 3 series and ES350 (respectively).

Cadillac has been rebuilding their company image from the ground up since 2000. After the failed Cimmaron and Catera experiments, they finally hit on a world class volume car in the CTS. Once they get 3 or 4 years worth of CTSs on the roads and in the magazines, Cadillac will have the credibility to ask $60k+ for a flagship car. Trying to launch a quality flagship before they've earned back the public perception would guarantee failure, no matter how good it is. Buyers will take one look and think "$65k for a Cadillac? Yeah right..." Observe what happened to the XLR. Great car that outperformed an SL500, but it was too soon- people balked at $80k for a Cadillac.

If people have spent the last 4 years reading about how awesome the CTS is however, they're going to think "Hmmm....people are always talking about how awesome their small car is, so maybe I should check it out."
    Great post! Cadillac is getting close to where we want it, but it'll take another few years of good sales and great new products to get fully back there. Look at the leap forward the 2nd gen CTS is! I love the first gen, but an owner still had to make excuses for the purchase sometimes. The new gen is competitive in all areas! Now, its simply a great choice!

DBeaSST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood Brougham

I was browsing around Ford's web site today and started looking at the new 2010 Taurus SHO. It really hit me when looking at this car. Cadillac has really screwed up on their top of the line cars.

Leaving out the FWD versus RWD versus AWD argument, take a look at what comes STANDARD on a Taurus SHO. The SHO is very close to a feature for feature match for a well optioned STS!

Now, I'm a fan of GM products and tend to lean towards their vehicles. So I will give that a $60,000 (well equipped V6 RWD STS) Cadillac is better than a $40,000 Ford.

However, the STS has been allowed to sit, without "real" updates since it's debut in 2005 while other cars (including other GM models) catch up to it in feature content.

Cadillac is the top of the line division within GM. And the STS or DTS (depending on how you look at it) are the top of the line car models within Cadillac. These should be the absolute best that GM can do. As such (and this is not meant as a put down to Ford) there is NO WAY a Ford car should be this close to matching a Cadillac in feature content!

I know GM is hurting for money right now. But the STS got a face lift in 08 and it should have been a LOT more than just some sheet metal and an upgraded V6.

Okay, done ranting for the moment.....

K STS is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8, 1999 Seville STS

Quote Originally Posted by DBeaSST View Post
    However, the STS has been allowed to sit, without "real" updates since it's debut in 2005 while other cars (including other GM models) catch up to it in feature content.
    Hi. First i'd like to say this thread was a very interesting read. I agree with some points, and disagree with a few others. Props to the OP for bringing this up. I also agree that Cadillac shouldn't be marketing their entire brand line on the 6 cylinder CTS. I've had a 2000 Deville, a 1994 Eldorado, a CTS (fully loaded minux nav,) and now a STS. I can tell you the CTS was nice, but the 2000 Deville was very nice. The engine sound, power, and some of the interior features were nicer than the CTS. You can say the new Direct injection 300hp V6 eliminates the need for a V8... and I can say you're dead wrong. The torque and feel of the engine is way different than a northstar. I test drove the DI, and compared to the V8 N*, there was no question in my mind on which is superior. Also, even the 2008 CTS is missing features that I now require in my STS - which blows my mind since the STS/DTS are being cut after 2010. Hopefully the replacement will be up to quality, surpassing the $30,000 CTS which is a very cookie cutter car. Everyone thinks the styling is so revolutionary, but everyone thinks that about new styles the first year or two they are out.

Anyhow, in response to the quote above, I also saw the 2010 Taurus and the features it had yesterday at the dealership. While you can say the 2010 Taurus has alot of features the STS has, the sts was also out 5 years earlier, and in order to get "mykey" or voice activation, you have to get the super optioned out top level taurus, which im sure will make up 10% of all the ones sold. This is common in the industry. Remember when CD players came out and only the most expensive BMW's had them? Less than 2-3 years later, hondas had them. So if it takes ford 5+ years to start hitting their cars with features Cadillacs have had, I'd say thats pretty impressive.

inurok is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V Black/Black

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Cadillac of the 80s and 90s is why GM is in horrible financial shape right now. I'll take my '04V and what Cadillac has to offer right now instead...
    I disagree that Cadillacs of the 80/90s were what brought down GM. GM was brought down by sitting back end enjoying the ride while other makes were passing them with better quality exciting fun & advanced cars.

Personally I think GM has been in the slow lane too long to catch up. Even "The New GM" is going to be playing catchup for many years to come.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.