Handouts, engines, and bailouts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Handouts, engines, and bailouts in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; After reading several articles in various newspapers and online in news sites, I conclude that it might behoove GM to ...
    Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Handouts, engines, and bailouts

After reading several articles in various newspapers and online in news sites, I conclude that it might behoove GM to take a look at some of their most pitiful mistakes of the last 15 years and set aside a few million dollars (peanuts in the order of things....a Christmas bonus), to issue a "good faith" recall or two.......particularly for the abysmal mechanical performance of the 1995-2003 Northstar 32V engine as regards head gasket failure. This single fault has reduced the resale price of 9 years of Cadillac luxury vehicles to the equivalent of a rusty Volkswagen. I fully realize that Corporate or Dealer will never acknowledge the problem publicly, but as more and more owners log in to "do it yourself" websites, it becomes obvious that there's a broad engine-wide problem. Even your own dealership service writers will not look a customer in the eye when queried on the possibility or result of the failure.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SupRNatural is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Montana Blue Eldorado,1982 Eldorado Biarritz Diesel

Re: Handouts, engines, and bailouts

You forgot to mention the overpaid UAW'S who assisted GM Corporate to succeed to where they are today.

EndlessRyd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Fleetwood Brougham

Dont be so quick to judge GM. I had a pleasant surprise recently with GM when my 04 Silverados speedometer went out, requiring a new dash cluster. $600. At the dealer. I have owned several GM vehicles and always swore by them. I had a 98 Monte Carlo with 155000 miles on it when I traded it in, and never had a problem with it. Also My Cadi is 21 years old, and has served me well in the time I have owned it. The Silverado is another story though... problem after problem. I have put over $4000 in repairs into it since the warranty went out. I have 75,000 miles on it. I researched online and found that the Speedometers go out on all 03-05 Silverados sooner or later, and there is lawsuits in several states to get them fixed under warranty. I simply called GM, and explained my situation and how much trouble Ive had with the truck, and they offered to fix it for free. They recently extended the warranty to 70000 miles, but mine still would not have qualified. Im just saying that it never hurts to try and talk to them. GM was actually really reasonable. Maybe try with the Cadi head gasket situation. Im actually thinking about giving them another try and buy a Saab for running back and forth.

SupRNatural is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Montana Blue Eldorado,1982 Eldorado Biarritz Diesel

Cool Re: Handouts, engines, and bailouts

GM & Her BIG 3 likes are being judged just fine on their own. Say what you will All of us who own a GM product will be Sh!t out of luck in the end anyway If and when they shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessRyd View Post
    Dont be so quick to judge GM.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

A $600 cluster < a $2500 head gasket repair.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.