Dealerships
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Dealerships in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I would like to see more Cadillac dealerships dedicated to just cadillac not something like, "Jo Dirt: buick chevrolet pontiac ...
    majax is offline 32V Northstar

Dealerships

I would like to see more Cadillac dealerships dedicated to just cadillac not something like, "Jo Dirt: buick chevrolet pontiac GMC Cadillac" not that there is a Jo Dirt GM dealer but just a example. It would make buying a Cadillac a little more special and even more appealing.

Just a Suggestion.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jerseyvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Northern NJ Dealers Caddy Good/Chevy's need a clean-up

Here in Northern NJ there are a few EXCELLENT dealerships:
    1) Brogan in Totowa NJ: Great team overall and VERY professional. Yes the service guys have the typical attitude but overall good people. Steve in the Vogue department is great with giving you deals.
    2) Royal Cadillac Hummer in Florham Park: Another good dealership just not as aggressive in making business happen. The body shop does pretty good work as well.

The issue with having dealers just selling caddys is that the volume in not there to support the overhead. Now Chevy dealers for example need serious dead wood clean-up in our state. You get a car serviced at Chevy and here is what happens:
    1) Automatically they make you feel off center, by this I mean a control drama where they make you feel like you are bugging them (you are always wrong and descriminating and they are right and deserve the benefitof the doubt)
    2) Ethics are out the window. To get a "Straight story" you have to EVERY TIME escalate issues to the service manager. Again the typical "you have a problem you can speak with teeh manager" is the front line service response. I had a battery die as a result of my car being left out all night with a door opena nd they told me it was my fault. How F_ing low does one go as to try to sneak there way out of responsibility. Even dealers who are so called "family friends" will charge you for everything extra that is possible.
    3) General USSR type of motivation: Remember the news casts on people doing ABSOLUTELY NO WORK in Russia in the 1980s. Where you go to a restaurant with a line outside and there are waitresses sitting in the back painting their nails? We'll I do and this is what Chevy dealers are like. You can NEVER get an appointment to stop by and have an issue ooked at or a quick check up done. Everything is so drawn out that you need to come in "next week" to get the smallest of issues looked at. Come On ! It's not an MRI appointment..It's a light on the dash coming up or a certain noise under the hood! Then when the end of the day comes YOU have to call THEIR service group just to find out that"they could not get to it" or the, "parts are ordered". Again Lies on top of lies on top of lies.

GM Needs a serious audit and clean-up of each and every dealer in the US. An option would be having corporate BUY each and every dealership from the lazy ass b_stard families that own them now.(i.e. 3rd generation slugs that are in it for the rip-off)

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Re: Dealerships

Try Konner's Chevy, West Caldwell, or Barnes Chevy in Summit or Book Chevy-Buick in Nutley. All are very very good!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Try Konner's Chevy, West Caldwell, or Barnes Chevy in Summit or Book Chevy-Buick in Nutley. All are very very good!
    Will Do!

RERM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Why are Cadillac owners even having to shop around for decent service at various dealers???

Premium Brand??? get better service at Chevy dealers???

Yeah, go to the Chevy dealers to get decent service....after all it's not like Cadillac is a PREMIUM BRAND or anything...just look for a Dealer that actually does Dealer work!!!

Cadillac, you should get a clue.

kippjones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 ESV & 2008 Escalade

The problem here in Chi town is updated dealerships. The waiting room is right out of the 80's. I sent them a report card with my comments they sent me.

Quote Originally Posted by kippjones
    The problem here in Chi town is updated dealerships. The waiting room is right out of the 80's. I sent them a report card with my comments they sent me.
    That is funny.

Most dealerships here are the same. Newer dealer brands (like Range Rover and Lexus) find budget to remodel? Whats up?

hotrails is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Same problem here in Minneapolis with Anderson Cadillac. These *******s charge full retail for parts- AND THEN SOME! I have been buying all my Caddy parts from a great dealer in Michigan- Jim Fresard. The last order I put in, the guy at Fresard asked "don't you have any Cadillac dealers in Minnesota?" I said, yeah, but they are crooks! Tried to tell me my A/C compressor needed replacing in my '94 STS. $1000 please. I had a bearing replaced for $200. It works perfectly now. "Brake rotors are shot". $1000 please!" Had my tire guy turn them. Work perfectly. List goes on. I hate these bastards! They should be put out of business these crooks! Hate'em Hate'em!!! Anderson sucks!

'94 STS 114K
    '98 STS 33K

Quote Originally Posted by kippjones

I wonder how many BMW buyers have to shop around various dealerships to find a good pleasant evironment to drop 50K in!!!

Case in point Foley Rice Cadillac in Oak Park, IL...dealership looks straight out of the fifties, complete with a Vouge section that would make Don "the Bishop" Magic Juan proud!!! salesmen who are in their 60's and look at anyone under 59 as a nuissance. Yeah, that's where I want to
    go drop my hard earned money!!!

Of course I could drive 40 miles to Foley Cadillac Bentley Rolls Royce in Northbrook, IL to at least walk into a Cadillac dealership that looks expensive!!!

Untill GM gets serious about Dealer quality, Lexus will continue to beat it's pants off!!!

McGrath Lexus in downton Chicago (their waiting room looks like an upscale Cafe) or Mercedes Benz of Chicago (who'l wash any MB of ANY year for FREE) seem like more upscale offerings.

Bottom line, GM dealers have to realize they exist because of the customers and not the other way around (if you want proof of this last statement, look at GM's market share over the last 30 years)

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Don't feel bad, it happens to everyone. Here in St Louis there are two Infiniti dealers. One is a dedicated Infiniti dealer, the other is Infiniti/Audi/Cadillac/BMW/Merc/Rover. The all-premium-brands dealer (Plaza Motors) treats me like dirt, overcharges for everything, and always gives the runaround. So I fight traffic and drive across town for service. I order my parts online from a dealer in Arizona (its a bit cheaper).

orange is offline Cadillac Owners Member

no caddy dealers here... but there's a toyota one opening soon, its gettin built, HUGE upstairs area with a cafe and all... the local volvo place has 2 brand new Astin Martins, a DB7 and a Vanquish plus they detail u'r car free, when yoo get u'r volvo serviced (no, we have a 92 subaru wagon, blah)...

as for GM Holden (the aussie caddy, chev olds and buick.. only ugly) i duno what they're like... i hate their cars so no reason to check a dealership

Thumbs down Re: Dealerships

Elswhere on this forum I've detailed my rotten experience with Grossinger Cadillac in Lincolnwood, IL. Will NEVER go to them again!!!

CADDYDEN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS AWD/00 STS

Thumbs up Re: Dealerships

Quote Originally Posted by majax
    I would like to see more Cadillac dealerships dedicated to just cadillac not something like, "Jo Dirt: buick chevrolet pontiac GMC Cadillac" not that there is a Jo Dirt GM dealer but just a example. It would make buying a Cadillac a little more special and even more appealing.

Just a Suggestion.
    Cadillac Motor Division wants to have their new and present dealers carrying the line to break away from their current dealers with mulity G M lines and build a seperate showroom and service department dedicated just for Cadillac sales and service...This has already begun in Michigan and Northern Illinois with the new look of Cadillac designed dealerships....Harvey Cadillac in Grand Rapids Michigan,I believe are the first ones to have the new look... Weil Cadillac in Libertyville Illinois are also doing the same renovation to be a Cadiilac only showroom, with having Hummer in their own exclusive showroom as well... When I mention about Cadillac going evclusive to the other Cadillac dealers that carry additional G.M. lines in the same showroom about the change? They just do not what to talk about it. That tells me ....It looks like Cadillac is putting on the pressure on the dealers to make the showroom changes to go with Cadillac new image, or maybe find another who will.

CADDYDEN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS AWD/00 STS

Quote Originally Posted by RERM
    Elswhere on this forum I've detailed my rotten experience with Grossinger Cadillac in Lincolnwood, IL. Will NEVER go to them again!!!
    Try Weil Cadillac in Libertyville!! They have been just super to deal and above all, great personal cadillac service with a high CSI RATING...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.