5 Caddy's now and losing my business potentially
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, 5 Caddy's now and losing my business potentially in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Our family has 6 caddy's now: 2 Fleetwoods 1 Deville 2 Sevilles (one STS and One SLS) These are cars ...
    jerseyvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

5 Caddy's now and losing my business potentially

Our family has 6 caddy's now:
    2 Fleetwoods
    1 Deville
    2 Sevilles (one STS and One SLS)

These are cars (except for the 99 STS that my brother drives) all have adequate room inside. Since the 1998 Seville and 2000 Deville came out GMs engineering have overlooked what has ALYWAYS been VERY important to us owners. They are REAR LEG AND HEAD ROOM and FRONT HEAD ROOM. My dad just bought a new LINCOLN TOWN CAR because he does not fit in ANY of Cadillac's luxury cars (tall driver). You just lost a lot of $$ because of engineering mistakes. We are not all 5' 8" drivers!!

GM has REALLY let me down and I am now forced to look at foreign cars for my next purchase...you drove me out of your customer base with your designs. (You did the same on the 2002-2004 corvette Z06 and Coupe..shrinked the headroom.).
    Regretfully,
    NJ Life Customer

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mack1a is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS

Re: 5 Caddy's now and losing my business potentially

Have you really checked out the headroom in the 2001 and up Deville?

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyvette
    Our family has 6 caddy's now:
    2 Fleetwoods
    1 Deville
    2 Sevilles (one STS and One SLS)

These are cars (except for the 99 STS that my brother drives) all have adequate room inside. Since the 1998 Seville and 2000 Deville came out GMs engineering have overlooked what has ALYWAYS been VERY important to us owners. They are REAR LEG AND HEAD ROOM and FRONT HEAD ROOM. My dad just bought a new LINCOLN TOWN CAR because he does not fit in ANY of Cadillac's luxury cars (tall driver). You just lost a lot of $$ because of engineering mistakes. We are not all 5' 8" drivers!!

GM has REALLY let me down and I am now forced to look at foreign cars for my next purchase...you drove me out of your customer base with your designs. (You did the same on the 2002-2004 corvette Z06 and Coupe..shrinked the headroom.).
    Regretfully,
    NJ Life Customer
    how tall are you exactly? wouldn't it be a waste to design cars for small percentage of people above certain height?

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

im about 6'10" and i fit horribly in a town car, i just rented one a few weeks ago and was extremely disappointed. 2000+ Deville is the way to go for tall people or if you go foreign the LS, S, or 7 all work as well

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    im about 6'10" and i fit horribly in a town car, i just rented one a few weeks ago and was extremely disappointed. 2000+ Deville is the way to go for tall people or if you go foreign the LS, S, or 7 all work as well
    I am almost 6'4" and have longer legs. Cadillac's are designed for men around 5'10" tall which is really sad. What makes it tough is that Mercedes with Chrysler are able to design a virtually perfect car with the new 300C. Headroom, power, legroom ,rear seat space, exterior looks etc are all excellent. I just always had a hope that GM and Cadillac would one day lead the world in making products people want. It's just sad that in 2004 a little country like Germany shows them up again, again and again. Now I'm stuck looking at cars in foreign car show rooms because GM turned their back on people like me. If any Daimler Chrysler execs are reading this I want tom say a sincere "Thank You" and congratulations on the cars you are introducing. I wish GM had your management team and design staff.

Spock is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

GM is coming out with a new line of cars, even bringing back a RWD v8 full size. Perhaps the caddys will benefit.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I am almost 6'4" and have longer legs. Cadillac's are designed for men around 5'10" tall which is really sad. What makes it tough is that Mercedes with Chrysler are able to design a virtually perfect car with the new 300C. Headroom, power, legroom ,rear seat space, exterior looks etc are all excellent. I just always had a hope that GM and Cadillac would one day lead the world in making products people want. It's just sad that in 2004 a little country like Germany shows them up again, again and again. Now I'm stuck looking at cars in foreign car show rooms because GM turned their back on people like me. If any Daimler Chrysler execs are reading this I want tom say a sincere "Thank You" and congratulations on the cars you are introducing. I wish GM had your management team and design staff.
    i'm not sure what the issue is but neither the old or new devilles aren't designed for 5'10" tall. I've driven in both and both fits me fine (6'2" 230lb)

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Im with devil on this one, im a half foot taller than you and i bet quite a bit heavier, and i havent had any problems with fitting in a cadillac. i had a seville for 3 years. sounds like you might just have an axe to grind.

99Zee28 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Eldorado

Regretfully,
    NJ Life Customer
    What are you talking about? 2002-2004 Vettes have less headroom than previous years? Are you on crack? Have you not noticed the C5 Vettes have been around since 97 with NO changes, including eliminating some head room! And if you're talking about a ZO6's flat rear window, that was done to reduce weight! You know that Huge rear window weighs a lot! By eliminating it they eliminated a lot of weight which in turn makes the car faster and handle better. Also, the headroom for a ZO6 and a Coupe are the same. I checked on Edmunds.com!

Some people, I just don't get!

Later,
    Dave

The Only Axe's Grinding

the only Axes Grinding are my knees against the dash of the 2000 and newer Deville and 1998 and Newer Sevilles. I was having a flash back yesterday of the "good ole days" in the mid 80s when GM had the Eldorado with the Metal roof and the Iroc Z. These were two timeless cars with an incredible following and style.

Now look at what GM is making: Cars like the GTO with a style that looks like a modified 1995 Grand Am and CTS which is too small of a car in general with a lackluster overall appeal. The new Pontiac's ARE ALL WAY TO CRAMPED INSIDE. The XLR rules(because it is a rebodied VETTE) and so does the Escalade (for people that can put up with a truky ride). The SRX is average if not below average looking and the new STS looks "sigma-ish" which is not a compliment.

From a styling perspective now look at a car like tha 2005 Audi A8. It just looks like a CEO or board member just arrived when you see one. The length is long and wheels seem very large and low profile..just a great looking car (in my opinion)

The Cadillac 16 is an incredible car all around but I will bet the ranch that if it ever comes out it will look similar to a Chrysler 300C. (If it comes out I will eat my hat).

Here is my ideal Cadillac:
    1) Rear Drive
    2) A bit lower and wider stance than an AMG S500
    3) Not so razor-sharp edges like the CTS.
    4) Although modern I prefer a bit more of a Bently-ish aero but stodgey looking shape. The Bently Contintental GT really makes great use of this theme
    5) Available 4 wheel drive
    6) Stronger interior accents (like cigarette lighters, lighting, leather, shift knobs, AC vents etc). Just make the inside more rugged and strong.
    7) Legroom a bit bigger in the rear than an S Class Mercedes.
    8) Take Mercedes Que on the open drivers cockpit area. Lots of seat adjustments, a deep knee room area and multiple levels of top seat surface controls
    9) Get away from making every interior look like that of a CTS! Get plush like Audi and Porsche. (Dash boards that match seat colors, various stiching combinations etc)

Hope this helps!

ben72227 is offline Banned

the new STS looks "sigma-ish" which is not a compliment.
    I have to agree with you here. Not only does it look like a Jumbo CTS, but i think GM really just over did the whole sigma-thing in the design of their cars. Instead of looking really cool and futuristic (which im guessing is what they were aiming for) it looks boxy. It just looks big and bulky and blocky almost. With curves of course. Not that its completely bad; its good that GM decided to change the look of Cadillac, but if they want to compete in the global market, they DO need to take some design cues from the European car makers.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Zee28
    What are you talking about? 2002-2004 Vettes have less headroom than previous years? Are you on crack? Have you not noticed the C5 Vettes have been around since 97 with NO changes, including eliminating some head room! And if you're talking about a ZO6's flat rear window, that was done to reduce weight! You know that Huge rear window weighs a lot! By eliminating it they eliminated a lot of weight which in turn makes the car faster and handle better. Also, the headroom for a ZO6 and a Coupe are the same. I checked on Edmunds.com!

Some people, I just don't get!

Later,
    Dave
    Dave, You are incorrect. I looked at a 2001 Vette as well as 2003 and 2004 (coupes, convertibles and Z06 models) at a dealership recently. There is a mechanism right in the center top around the rear window connection that comes out literally about 1/2 to 1" more than a 2001. This design flaw causes the 2002 and 2003 Z06 and Coupe to be too amall for me to fit. You must remember that GM does change a lot of small structural things each year that are not advertised and directly visible. I try to find out the names of the designers of the Chrysler 300C and send them over to Cadillac HR for recruitment. Sucks that Germans can design beter cars..even in 2004...
    Regretfully,
    Jerseyvette

tenmark is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

I'm 6' tall and have no problems with headroom in the Z06. A friend of mine has owned two of them, a 2000 and more recently a 2004. Headroom wasn't an issue.

It also hasn't been an issue in my DTS either. I just never noticed. Now, as for headroom concerns, try driving a Jaguar XK8 or Vaden Plas. If you're looking for headroom issues, pick it with those cars. I guess european drivers are much much smaller.

Of course, if it bothers you too much, you could always get a Volkswagen Bug, plenty of headroom, top hat or not!!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by tenmark
    I'm 6' tall and have no problems with headroom in the Z06. A friend of mine has owned two of them, a 2000 and more recently a 2004. Headroom wasn't an issue.

It also hasn't been an issue in my DTS either. I just never noticed. Now, as for headroom concerns, try driving a Jaguar XK8 or Vaden Plas. If you're looking for headroom issues, pick it with those cars. I guess european drivers are much much smaller.

Of course, if it bothers you too much, you could always get a Volkswagen Bug, plenty of headroom, top hat or not!!

Mark
    EXACTLY MARK!! A VW bug DOES HAVE MORE FRONT CABIN ROOM THAN A 2000-2004 Deville and a 1998-2004 Seville. I have a lot of American pride and patriotism and it really MAKES ME MAD when some mechanical engieer in Detroit decides to make a car ideally suited for him (and he most likely stands 5'8" to 5'10'). Germans bust have bigger bodies and bigger brains because I fit in their cabins MUCH BETTER.

juiceE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): (rip 92deville rip 94 fwb) 97 ElDog

im 6'4" and in my fleetwood, i have about 2'-1' of head room to spare, no matter how i sit

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.