5 Caddy's now and losing my business potentially - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, 5 Caddy's now and losing my business potentially in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; This is just a weird thread. I'm 6'3" (235 lbs) and have no problem and lots of leg room, and ...
    zete is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 5 Caddy's now and losing my business potentially

This is just a weird thread. I'm 6'3" (235 lbs) and have no problem and lots of leg room, and the seat isn't all the way back -- almost, but not all the way.

My cousins are 6'5" (200 lbs) and 6'6" (205 lbs) and they both can't believe the room in the car. They also love driving it just for how it feels.

So, unless you're all legs I can't see how you can't fit.

Now, the rear seats are tight and I wish it had a tad more room which is why I'm thinking of trading the CTS in for an SRX.

NIK
    NIK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '99 De Ville, '05 CTS-V

Exclamation Re: 5 Caddy's now and losing my business potentially

And, in my opinion, the Chrysler 300C's are butt ugly!!

scurling is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '94 Fleetwood Brogham, '94 Fleetwood, 2010 SRX 4WD, F250

I think a lot of you guys have the front seat adjustment stuck with the seat all the way forward and as high as it will travel.
    I know someone has been reading some mag with a comment like: 9) Get away from making every interior look like that of a CTS! Get plush like Audi and Porsche. (Dash boards that match seat colors, various stiching combinations etc)

I lived in German for a numner of years, and owned or drove a little bit of everything. There is NOTHING plush about any European car built today (or the last 20 years), especially a German car. Maybe if you put lambskin seat covers on the seats. Yes, that will make the interior plush!

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

I'm 6'2" (150lbs -nyatt!), but tall in the trunk, so the fixed headrests on the XLR and Corvette (and most all Japanese cars I've tried) hit me at the base of the neck and I do mean hit, not fit. The metal edge of the targa on the last Corvette I tried banged into my head. Back seat headroom is tight in every sedan I've looked at in the last 10 years. We shouldn't have to buy a huge SUV or minivan to fit 4 tall people and their luggage. Ford may have reached this market with the 500, I haven't tried it yet. God help me if I have to buy a FORD!

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

He should get a SRT-8 300C. $40,000 with everything Incl. Moonroof. Lots of room. Nice car. 425 HP too.

TCSisOFF is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours
    how tall are you exactly? wouldn't it be a waste to design cars for small percentage of people above certain height?

Well it didn't seem to be an issue until 1998, right?
    I don't think the overall population is shrinking. But I do think that GM is desperately trying to salvage their horrible gas mileage by cutting every corner they can.

I'm ready to burn my CTShit and get a TL.

CaddyFan2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TCSisOFF
    Well it didn't seem to be an issue until 1998, right?
    I don't think the overall population is shrinking. But I do think that GM is desperately trying to salvage their horrible gas mileage by cutting every corner they can.

I'm ready to burn my CTShit and get a TL.
    Keep in mind the TL requires premium fuel, which will probably cost you more in the long run than the 2 mpg difference in fuel economy between the 2 cars...

cadillacchris is offline Cadillac Owners Member

6'0" 280 lbs and I fit in a CTS of course there is more room in a STS or Deville, but for arguments sake, if I fit in a CTS what's your problem?

PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

To Whom it may concern:

Luckily I sold all my GM stock some years ago! It's true my 98 STS has a great dashboard, interior, sound system BOSE, ride and engine. The back seat is for midgets! Luckily for me it doesn't get much use.

If GM wants family types to buy Cadillac, they have to make cars that can hold a Family! Fuel economy, can be accomplished by gearing and technology. A few days ago I did ride in a friends new Chrysler 300, it will hold an army! And with the Hemi, it blows the doors off my STS, all at $30000 cheaper than what is now being sold.

Northstar333 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

This guy is crazy!! I'm 6'3" and I have tons of room in a 2005 Deville with the sunroof.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.