Exec's how bout bringing back the Fleetwood
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Exec's how bout bringing back the Fleetwood in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I was just thinking, you know how all these companies are bringing back their classics like the Pontiac GTO and ...
    Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

Talking Exec's how bout bringing back the Fleetwood

I was just thinking, you know how all these companies are bringing back their classics like the Pontiac GTO and the new Shelby etc. Cadillac has always made the big cars and now they just keep getting smaller. Ford and Lincoln now dominate the big car world, you ain't gonna take that are you? That is what Cadillac was known for. The big body rwd cars like the Fleetwood. You should bring it back. It was a big seller in its day and everybody wants one. I even know some Honda boys that would gladly get rid off their imports to have a Fleetwood. And its such a hard car to find these days. It took me 2 years to find one. I think it would be a good seller and bring Cadillac back to its glory days. Besides it's the Godfather off all cars. You should take this into consideration.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jerseyvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Cadillac and big cars

1) Cadillac is off base with thinking that every yuppie that buys a Benz, Lexus, Infinity or BMW will switch to Cadillac (It's simply a very specific segment). This is why they keep making the cars smaller, they are trying to play it safe.
    2) People would buy a trimmed version of a large high performance wide RWD car like a Brogham. If the car was a mix of an Audi A8 and a Rolls Royce sized car it would be a hit. BUT CADDY KEEPS THINKING that every buyer is small and likes small cars. Look inside a 2000 and newer Deville..not a limo oriented car at all..but a crammed car. Unibody vs. frame etc...
    3) Large is better especially when cars are built for speed and touring performance. the older floaty-boaty Brogham is good being put to bed.

MAKE THE 16 REAL GM and we'll all love you for it. Price it at $65K. STOP the madness of making small cars because us loyalists will go elsewhere if the cramming continues.

Re: Exec's how bout bringing back the Fleetwood

You make a good point but how do you explain the success of the Town Cars and Crown Vic's. See the angle i'm gettin at. Maybe not as big as they used to be but just as big as the Ford's. Not everybody races them, mine is a lowrider. I dont mean that Cadillac should do it because of that or anything, to each his own, but to have them big again would be nice. The 16 would be nice but not everybody can afford 65k or up. I dont get paid enough. I cant even afford to look at one.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

ummm, if the Sixteen was to be made, it would be priced around $150k and not $50k....

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Maybe the DTS will be the "big" Cadillac again. They Must be hearing it about how small the cars are getting. They Must see people getting in and out of the Seville and DeVille trying to figure out what the difference is. Sure, I'd love to see another Fleetwood - but I think it's unlikely they'll bring back that name. What Cadillac most-definitely needs is another BIG car.
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Cadillac needs a big, manly V8 powered, rwd, body on frame car. That's all I can say.

exactly, i would love to see them bring back the Fleetwood. im just whining because Cadillacs are getting smaller and smaller and heres ford over here making the big cars (not that i have anything against ford, they make good cars i own one) but Cadillac needs to bring back the big ones, rwd too. i love rwd. maybe its because i like lowriders and the only rwd vehicles are going away and only a few are left.

lacmang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Fleetwood Brougham, 66 Fleetwood

Yes Cadillac needs to make another big body. I see Lincoln Town cars everywhere. Cadillac and the stupid magazines like car and driver act like only senior citizens like big body cars. Well it couldn't be further from the truth. I work for a rental car company, and everybody that works there can't shut up about my Fleetwood Brougham. All they talk about is how much nicer it is than the 2004 Devilles and Towncars we have. And how the quality of cars has gone down. If they don't make any more Fleetwoods thats fine because I know the value of mine will just keep getting higher. But it would be nice for Cadillac to make something not quite as big but as big as a Towncar. Also GM would be smart to make the Impalas as big as the 96 impalas because those are so popular too.

DPGC23 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 FLEETWOOD94 BROUGHAM

Well
    Let Me Put It Like This

If U Own A Fleetwood Brougham Like Myself
    Ur One Lucky Bastard, U Know

Y Give These Honda Riders, N None Appreciative Person Who Doesnt Have The Time 2 Search 4 A Fleetwood, A Fleetwood??

I Found Mine By Luck @ A Mitsubishi Car Dealership, Fell In Love, Traded My 89 Caddilac Sedan Devillie, Which Was All Ruined , Water In Moter, Sssshhh
    N Boom, Got My Fleetwood.

Thas My Thought

Dpgc23

my thoughts exactly. not as big as they used to be but ya know big. like the new 300C or something. are the future DTS' gonna be rwd like in 08. if so i will be satisfied. thats all i want, a big body rwd brand new Caddy.

scurling is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '94 Fleetwood Brogham, '94 Fleetwood, 2010 SRX 4WD, F250

Ditto, ditto, ditto

I have a '73 Impala which I drove for 10 years to work. A real beater, but I like'm big. I want an Impala SS, '96 vintage, and I almost cried when the downsized version appeared on the market. I will never buy a late model Impala!

If you can't find what you want new, buy it old. THat's why I have two '94 Fleetwoods. The Fleetwoods are out there, available, you only need to look a little. These days, you can hop on a plane and check out a car that's 500 miles away for $250 bucks. That's money well spent on a good used BIG Fleetwood.

My '73 Impala is going away this week. I couldn't give her away, so I donated it for the tax write off. See her at [http]www.members.cox.net/1973impala[/http].
    I guess I'll be one boat short in the drydock next week.

You know, no car is as big as it use to be. The government, EPA, and the Tree- huggers have seen to that.

earlfleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Member

They need to bring the Fleetwood back exactly the way it was in the late 80's, early 90s. No changes to the body, that is what people loved. It would sell. Even if they did it for only a year, they would have people lining up for them.

lacmang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Fleetwood Brougham, 66 Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by earlfleetwood
    They need to bring the Fleetwood back exactly the way it was in the late 80's, early 90s. No changes to the body, that is what people loved. It would sell. Even if they did it for only a year, they would have people lining up for them.
    that would never happen. besides those are so easy to find, I can't walk down the street without seeing one. A mid 90's fleetwood would sell better, but even then it would need to be a little bit different and up to date with there line. Otherwise you could just buy an older one in great condition for a whole lot less.

scurling is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '94 Fleetwood Brogham, '94 Fleetwood, 2010 SRX 4WD, F250

I agree with the latest entry. I don't think Cadillac will bring back THe BIG car. The division has been spending too much effort on redefining itself as having faster, sleeker, more nimble cars.

The Fleetwoods are out there to be purchased. I just found two more on-line ('96) in Florida at a dealership. (I keep my eyes open for good deals.) Keep in mind, the Fleetwood was an upscale car, purchased by mature drivers who took care of their vehicles. They were generally not mistreated, but well maintained and cared for.

I would much rather pay $8 to 10K for a used, 8-10 year old Fleetwood, than $12 to $16K for a 4 to 6 year old import.....but then, I don't buy imports. I don't care if they were built in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by lacmang
    that would never happen. besides those are so easy to find, I can't walk down the street without seeing one. A mid 90's fleetwood would sell better, but even then it would need to be a little bit different and up to date with there line. Otherwise you could just buy an older one in great condition for a whole lot less.

dont get me wrong cause i like the 80s body style but im with lacmag, they should have one thats new and looks like their new cars (well like the DHS). now what i would really like to see is one as big as the 93-96 reason being they are bigger thatn the 80 body style and all. i like them cars you gotta back up and try again. of course them girls like it when you can get that big thing in to that small space the first try (and no im not talking about sex). but take it anyway you want.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.