Exec's how bout bringing back the Fleetwood - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Exec's how bout bringing back the Fleetwood in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; A re-issue of the 93-96 Fleetwood would be perfect. With its massive chrome, bench seat and fingertip steering, its more ...
    Jed95fwb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 Fleetwood Brougham, 76 Coupe De Ville

Re: Exec's how bout bringing back the Fleetwood

A re-issue of the 93-96 Fleetwood would be perfect. With its massive chrome, bench seat and fingertip steering, its more of a retro machine than the Chrysler 300, which is everywhere in my home state of NY. The fleetwood gets good mileage (compared to the SUV's out there). And pardon if I offend: I love Lincolns, but the '98-05 Town Car is the ugliest car ever made by that division. by contrast, the 2000-style Deville looks good. (I cringed when they discontined the fins in 99) A strong competitor with a V8, rwd and some classic tailfin styling and floating ride would take on the 300 and establish a whole new market. BMW and Audi people wouldn't look at a Cadillac in a million years, even if it was twice as good and half the price. I looked at that new STS and the seats were about as comfortable as upholstered cinderblocks, What gives? I like the RWD, but that is not Cadillac comfort. I would like to see a Cadillac for Cadillac lovers again.

Jed

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

Exactly! I own a '83 Coupe Deville and a '90 Brougham d'Elegance and I love them both very much, I don't know what I'll do when the last of the Fleetwoods are all gone and GM has not yet come out with a new version, because the '96 Fleetwood is my idea of the last new Cadillac. Nothing at all like it has been made since then. Oh and if another Fleetwood is ever made, it needs to have classic styling, I'm not saying that it needs to be a clone of the '96, but it needs to have class... and rear fender skirts.

SupaFly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Fleetwood Brougham 1995

If they come back with the Fleetwood, it would be a huge disappointment for anyone who appreciates the old body style Cadillacs. Look at every car on the road now, from an inexpensive car to an expensive one, they all look the same: CHEAP AND PLASTIC-Y. Thats how GM would make the Fleetwood now. The bumpers on all these cars are terrible, chips and cuts that show gray underneath. So cheap looking. Look at the Fleetwoods bumper, look at the chrome. It nearly covers half the door. You think they would ever make another car like that? No way.

As for parking, I only need one try.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

That V12 project will be your answer to the Fleetwood successor!

akimball442 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '81 CDV, '84 Olds 98 Coupe, '81 MB 300D,'73 450SL, '88 300SE

*IF* Cadillac decided to build a full size, rear drive car... They would not be able to call it something sophisticated sounding like Fleetwood Brougham. They'd end up calling it the FWB... Just my two cents. I enjoy my 81 Deville because it says Coupe DeVille on the sides. People are getting so lazy they cant say that now. Its DTS, or STS, or CTS... can you see it? The ever luxurious FWB.

And heck, they finally got the variable displacement engines to work, so throw in a big one!

pompste is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425

Quote Originally Posted by akimball442 View Post
    *IF* Cadillac decided to build a full size, rear drive car... They would not be able to call it something sophisticated sounding like Fleetwood Brougham. They'd end up calling it the FWB... Just my two cents. I enjoy my 81 Deville because it says Coupe DeVille on the sides. People are getting so lazy they cant say that now. Its DTS, or STS, or CTS... can you see it? The ever luxurious FWB.

And heck, they finally got the variable displacement engines to work, so throw in a big one!

Exactly my thoughts as well.It`s pathetic that 2000 and up Cadillacs don`t have real names---just letters.As you said,it`s lazy.

I know Cadillac`s executive management must be hearing complaints about the present day Cadillac luxury car`s shrinking act.

It`s a no brainer to know that if the big Fleetwood was offered to the public again,the list to purchase them would be a long one indeed.

CadillacCastle is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville

The big cars are too well made. Cadillac does not want to make a car that lasts that long. They want it wore out when the payments stop so you can start paying on another. Big cars save lives in a wreck is the best part, that is why a lot of people drive SUVs and trucks. It takes 2 trips to town in a small car to buy what you can take home in 1 trip in a 93-96 Fleetwood and saves gas at 25 mpg.

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

Isn't the DHS basically the Fleetwood trim. Or do you mean the Fleetwood-Brougham?

jimmbo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts

Quote Originally Posted by SupaFly View Post
    If they come back with the Fleetwood, it would be a huge disappointment for anyone who appreciates the old body style Cadillacs. Look at every car on the road now, from an inexpensive car to an expensive one, they all look the same: CHEAP AND PLASTIC-Y. Thats how GM would make the Fleetwood now. The bumpers on all these cars are terrible, chips and cuts that show gray underneath. So cheap looking. Look at the Fleetwoods bumper, look at the chrome. It nearly covers half the door. You think they would ever make another car like that? No way.

As for parking, I only need one try.
    I find it easier to park my 86 FWB than than to park my 98 STS. Compared to the FWB the sts is a piece of CRAP

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.