Looking for Answers...Getting tired!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Looking for Answers...Getting tired! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; This is my second SRX, previously had a 2004 V8, currently have 2007 V6. The 2007 developed a untracable noise ...
    schwbl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

Exclamation Looking for Answers...Getting tired!

This is my second SRX, previously had a 2004 V8, currently have 2007 V6. The 2007 developed a untracable noise at about 7,500 miles. GM/Dealership has done all that they can do allowable by TSB's.

The noise is audiable at hwy speeds 50 - 70 mph. I would call it a "pinging sound" or engine knock. The sound is just loud enough to be annoying. They have changed the exhaust system, checked the front differential, checked the harmonic balancer and heat shields.

The kicker comes when GM customer service wants to close the two complaints that I've made ablout the problem. I told them that the issue is still unresolved, leaving a customer unhappy. No response! The rep told me to drive it till it broke and then take it in for repair.

If I knew when I was shopping for the second SRX that I would have such aggravation with it, I might have looked elsewhere for a vehicle.

I like the car, don't like the untracable noise and the lack of aggression by GM to FIX the problem. $50,000 + should be reason enough to make it right.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Slo-Mo-Shun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V; TopKart Flash 125 Shifter

Re: Looking for Answers...Getting tired!

Quote Originally Posted by schwbl View Post
    I would call it a "pinging sound" or engine knock.

Just a thought based on the assumption your description is technically accurate: Dump some octane improver into the next couple tankfuls. If the sound goes away, it's either your filling station or an issue with the engine management system.

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Re: Looking for Answers...Getting tired!

"Slo-Mo" makes a good point. If the detonation goes away with increase octane, it could be as simple as a bad knock sensor, bad gas (if you always fill up at the same station), carbon deposits, etc. It's hard to diagnos a problem over the internet, so I'm afraid all we can do is offer suggestions like these

exhausted is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Unhappy Re: Looking for Answers...Getting tired!

we bought a 2007 Escalade on 9/25/07. we had a pinging noise as well. after going round and round with the dealership they finally ended up replacing the entire motor and computer. the bad part is that we still dont know what the issue was because the mechanic was directed to crate it and ship it directly back to Cadillac so no one knows what the actual problem was.. we are still having issues with the car. we have had it in the shop for various problems so many times that all the work orders together look like a novel. cadillac still refuses to do anything about it..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.