Please stop being ignorant
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Please stop being ignorant in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; ...if you want to keep me as a customer. Why are rear-sunshades - which are FINALLY making it into Cadillacs ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Angry Please stop being ignorant

...if you want to keep me as a customer. Why are rear-sunshades - which are FINALLY making it into Cadillacs - after even HYUNDAI has offered them (so much for that Cadillac innovation) - WHY are they only available to your wealthiest customers? WHY are they ONLY going into your Platinum editions? What?! I'm not GOOD enough for your OH SO EXPENSIVE rear sunshades if I don't buy your oh-so-special prestigious PLATINUM version? So if I spend $60k on an Escalade - that's not good enough?

Are you out of your F'ing minds?!

This should be an available option on ALL your vehicles with MAYBE the exception of your ENTRY-LEVEL CTS (entry-level for now). You people really take your customers for IDIOTS. You know that?!

</rant>
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Please stop being ignorant

Also keep in mind (while you're here listening to your most faithful customers, of course), oh mighty geniuses, that it took a LONG time for domestic buyers (in America) to switch to foreign vehicles. It didn't happen over-night. And it didn't happen because foreign vehicles were "just as good" as their American counterparts. It happened because they were BETTER. It's going to take the EXACT same thing to win back these foreign buying customers. They're not going to trade in their trusty foreign vehicles unless domestic vehicles are BETTER. Placing a BOTTOM-OF-THE-LINE Toyota Camry or Honda Accord next to a TOP-OF-THE-LINE SATURN isn't going to win back any customers... Unless the Saturn is BETTER than the Camry or Honda..

And you can take that to the bank...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

My best friend's dad's 00 Catera Sport had a rear sunshade.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

mgescuro is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    ...if you want to keep me as a customer. Why are rear-sunshades - which are FINALLY making it into Cadillacs - after even HYUNDAI has offered them (so much for that Cadillac innovation) - WHY are they only available to your wealthiest customers? WHY are they ONLY going into your Platinum editions? What?! I'm not GOOD enough for your OH SO EXPENSIVE rear sunshades if I don't buy your oh-so-special prestigious PLATINUM version? So if I spend $60k on an Escalade - that's not good enough?

A lot of it reeks as Cadillac simply not understanding what's going on in the luxury market these days.
    I dunno what happened to Cadillac between 1994-2001. They suddenly got stupid. They suddenly lost the pulse of the market.

A lot of "high end" gadgets and convenience items are appearing on lower end cars like Hyundai and VW, and they're not even offered on Cadillacs. And if they are offered, they're in Platinum Editions or the XLR or only in China.

It's very disappointing.
    Cadillac can't make an impression on the luxury buying public if they simply don't offer what even middle of the road cars have -- sunshades, bluetooth, push button start, etc.
    How long did it take Cadillac to even get the tilting headlights? I mean, they were on Passats before Cadillac had them, and then, it was only XLR!

I'm just not sure Cadillac knows what the luxury market wants.
    There was a point in time where I would have done anything to get an STS. But when you look at the competition, it really doesn't come close to the Germans or Japanese... or even the British.

It really is very disappointing. Especially the point in your last sentence. I REALLY want to buy a Cadillac for my next automobile - I just feel like I'm not spending my money wisely. Like I'm only buying a Cadillac because I always have.. It's like having family who owns a restaurant - the food isn't really that good and the service sucks.. So you'd rather go across the street and spend your money there - but you feel a little guilty about it... That's where I am right now...

PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

Cool Re: Please stop being ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro View Post
    A lot of it reeks as Cadillac simply not understanding what's going on in the luxury market these days.

How long did it take Cadillac to even get the tilting headlights? I mean, they were on Passats before Cadillac had them, and then, it was only XLR!

I'm just not sure Cadillac knows what the luxury market wants.
    There was a point in time where I would have done anything to get an STS. But when you look at the competition, it really doesn't come close to the Germans or Japanese... or even the British.
    Oh Mgescuro!

Tilting headlights were first introduced in the early 1970's by a French Company Citroen on their car the SM. This innovative car also had floating caliper disk brakes, and fully pneumatic suspension, and self correcting power steering. While this innovations were dramatic, many of them are still outlawed by the USA's archaic laws.

Sunshades are available aftermarket everywhere, and push button start, I believe will eventually turn out to be just a fad, just another step to start/stop the car.

True innovation comes when change makes cars better, like electronic Heat and Air conditioning that doesn't require engine driven belts (mileage consuming), photo sensitive window glass, that cut glare and distraction. fully automatic collision avoiding cruise control that will actually stop the vehicle prior to impact, and the final device, and silence seat, that combines noise canceling/electro message/heat may cause ability to stop speech for that chatty/unstoppable front seat passenger.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    My best friend's dad's 00 Catera Sport had a rear sunshade.
    The 2008 CTS has sunshades for the back glass and beside the rear passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro
    bluetooth
    ...available on the STS, and is now a dealer installed accessory on the '08 CTS.

push button start
    XLR, STS, and even the CTS has it. Cadillac has taken this a step further and made the newer cars virtually keyless. All you need is the fob on your person to unlock, enter the car and start it.

Again, the new CTS has them.

Seeing as all of these features are now on the entry level CTS, the other models are sure to follow very shortly.
    Lately Cadillac has been concentrating on the performance aspects, and very recently, the material qualities of it's cars. I would much rather they focused their time on those than whatever is trendy in cars this season. I love gadgets, but they are near the end of a long list of things I look for when buying a car. Look to BMW's iDrive for what happens when gadgetry is placed too far ahead of other aspects of a car.

A few of the features found in modern Cadillacs that are not available from many of their competitors:
    Heads up display
    Ultraview sunroofs
    In-car hard-drive (for mp3's, personal data, and the like)
    Onstar (don't laugh, I know a couple people who continue to choose GM simply because of this feature)
    Hand crafted interior (no one else in this class offers this that I have seen; normally reserved to supercars and ultra luxury)
    Direct Injection
    100,000 mile warranty

...and most importantly for those of us living in the states, Cadillac is one of the few true "US made" brands left, the majority of them being designed, engineered, and assembled right here in Michigan (the money you spend isn't being sent to a foreign owned parent company overseas either).

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

And let's get real here. All options/gadgets don't appeal to every car buyer. For instance, I couldn't care less about a sunshade (sorry Sal) or push-button, keyless ignition. However I don't understand why something as common (now) as bluetooth isn't in every GM vehicle.

One thing that irritates the hell out of me is that an excellent feature on SOME OnStar models is the turn-by-turn navigation. That is NOT available to me as an '07 CTS owner...however if I had purchased a Saturn I'd be good to go. Not all of us want to spend $$ on a NAV, GM.

I really love my CTS; it's my first Cadillac though I am no stranger to GM. In a year or so I will be looking to trade for an '09 CTS or maybe an STS-V...but I will be a smarter shopper next time. I was seduced by the look and feel of my CTS and didn't stop to consider the "step down" from the Lexus I traded. If the new Caddys don't wow me, I'll move on to see what BMW or Lexus has to offer...or possibly even Lincoln. The new Navigator looks interesting.

yellowxhoodie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i got the sunshade on my 2000 catera. But on an Escalade? No offense to anyone but i dont even think that would work. The sunshade extracts and retracts out of the rear deck. The Escalade is an SUV so where would the sunshade possible come out of? and where would it retract into when not in use?

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Arrow Re: You Please stop being silly

As it stands, on my showroom and consulting with my customers, less than half of them are interested in brand new gadgets and gizmos like blue tooth, MP3's, Ipods, five extra buttons for rear sunshades, etc... But still that's half of them that are interested in these things...

Lets assume for a moment we did quickly impliment all these cute little options for 2009...

Within six months I will be hearing two new complaints...

1. These options don't work right!!! (remember the main reason Cadillac impliments things like push button start on the halo car first is to make sure they function to high end standards)

2. Why did the price go up on this model? (I point out the additions) What the heck! I don't give two hoots about those stupid little options.. Why would I want a rear sunshade, I am never in the back!

The old addage "You can't make everyone happy" comes to mind...

I believe Cadillac does alot of owner research to find out what owners want to see on the newest models... Someone above said "Lately Cadillac has been concentrating on the performance aspects, and very recently, the material qualities of it's cars." And I believe this to be very true...

Features like a rear sunshade (or sunshades on cars that have them on the side doors) are nice for keeping the hot sun off your face/head if you don't have dark tinted windows. The rear sunshade is also very helpful when the car behind you has high lights, such as in a truck, that are very bright. And simply privacy..

Bluetooth goes without saying.. Rear reclining seats are very nice.. Another creature comfort for passengers.. When you buy a luxury car, more often than not, you're doing so to give your passengers a nice experience. This is at least so, in most cases, for sedans..

Articulating vents is a nice feature as well.. You don't realize how nice something like this is until you experience it.. These features could all be options that only cost more for those who want them..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.