Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Cadillac vs Lincoln; recommendations for GM in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have driven Cadillacs and Lincolns since 1971. Back then, each had its advantages, but I liked the ride of ...
- 03-31-07 07:55 PM #1Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
- Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- San Antonio, Tx
Cadillac vs Lincoln; recommendations for GM
I have driven Cadillacs and Lincolns since 1971. Back then, each had its advantages, but I liked the ride of the Lincoln better. Unfortunately, Lincoln always had a small problem, window, door lock, fuel pump, etc.
Caddy was much more reliable. Neither had drive train problems.
I have landed on Caddy in the past 15 years primarily because of the expensive air suspension on Lincoln.
What has frustrated me in recent years is as follows:
1. rear end problems on current GM products. 2000 and up.
2. window problems on current GM products. 2000 and up.
3. modules controlling a/c vents etc under passenger dashboard.
4. years and years of alternator problems with GMs. now fixed.
5. oil leaks with early Northstars.
6. overheating probems with Northstars; head bolts stripping blocks. now fixed.
I now have a CTS. I sold SDV, no problems with it, but I was always afraid of the potential problems with Northstar. I replaced it with an 05 LeSabre. No known potential problems, except perhaps possible windows and possible harmonic balancer. I now have 2 LeSabres; have had 5 or 6 in past; have had 5 or 6 Cadillacs. I no longer have to worry about a major problem coming from Northstar.
Please cure some of the recurring Cadillac reliability problems. I would like to go back to Caddy.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Pliers
Pliers - 5 Inch; LockMore on PowerTorque Tools - Pliers
- PowerTorque Tools - Flare Nut Wrench Set
Flare Nut Wrench Set - 3 Piece; Metric; Includes: 10mm X 11mm, 12mm X 13mm & 15mm X 17mm
- PowerTorque Tools - Metric Hex Bits Set
Metric Hex Bits Set - 7 Piece; 3/8" Drive; Metric; Metric Hex Bits; Contains: 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm & 10mm