Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate Discussion, Cadillac vs Lincoln; recommendations for GM in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have driven Cadillacs and Lincolns since 1971. Back then, each had its advantages, but I liked the ride of ...
- 03-31-07 07:55 PM #1Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
- Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- San Antonio, Tx
Cadillac vs Lincoln; recommendations for GM
I have driven Cadillacs and Lincolns since 1971. Back then, each had its advantages, but I liked the ride of the Lincoln better. Unfortunately, Lincoln always had a small problem, window, door lock, fuel pump, etc.
Caddy was much more reliable. Neither had drive train problems.
I have landed on Caddy in the past 15 years primarily because of the expensive air suspension on Lincoln.
What has frustrated me in recent years is as follows:
1. rear end problems on current GM products. 2000 and up.
2. window problems on current GM products. 2000 and up.
3. modules controlling a/c vents etc under passenger dashboard.
4. years and years of alternator problems with GMs. now fixed.
5. oil leaks with early Northstars.
6. overheating probems with Northstars; head bolts stripping blocks. now fixed.
I now have a CTS. I sold SDV, no problems with it, but I was always afraid of the potential problems with Northstar. I replaced it with an 05 LeSabre. No known potential problems, except perhaps possible windows and possible harmonic balancer. I now have 2 LeSabres; have had 5 or 6 in past; have had 5 or 6 Cadillacs. I no longer have to worry about a major problem coming from Northstar.
Please cure some of the recurring Cadillac reliability problems. I would like to go back to Caddy.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Screwdriver Set
Screwdriver Set - 8 Piece
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE Ratchet Handle & Socket Set
SAE Ratchet Handle & Socket Set - 14 Piece; 1/4" Drive Ratchet Handle & Socket Set
- PowerTorque Tools - Stubby Star Bits Socket Set
Stubby Star Bits Socket Set - 10 Piece; 1/4" & 3/8" Drive; Star Stubby Bit Socket Set; Contains: 1/4" Drive: T-10, T-15, T-20, T-25, T-27 & T-30,3/8" Drive: T-40, T-45,T-47 & T-50