Warranty Question ?? With Ray Foss
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
The Ontario CTS Club Discussion, Warranty Question ?? With Ray Foss in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Hey everyone!! I have a 2010 CTS and absolutely love the car. I just brought my car in for the ...
    1ati2de is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Angry Warranty Question ?? With Ray Foss

Hey everyone!!

I have a 2010 CTS and absolutely love the car. I just brought my car in for the second oil change to my dealer Ray Foss in Toronto and have a question on this "Bumper to bumper warranty"

I brought the car in for a simple oil change (Oil light came on). Service tech asked me if anything else was wrong with the car and I said no. He punched up what was to be done with the car for the second oil change increment and set me up with a renal car (warranty). Real nice with the rental stating it had to be back the next day??

They called me three hours later stating the car was ready. Picked up the car and stated I had to pay $380.00 for "Warranty" work that cadillac stated that needed to be done. WTF??? They charged me $240 to service the sliders on all 4 brakes and an alignment that I didn't ask for. The service tech said I required this and was "NOT" covered under the warranty. I had an appointment and did not want to argue with the guy so I payed and left.

I called GM (1 week ago) and I'm waiting for clarification on this joke of a warranty. Did I get hosed by the dealer for something I did not request?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Warranty Question ?? With Ray Foss

You got hosed. Never go to Roy Foss. Had many similar experiences with them.

Call GM central and lodge a complaint. They may be able to help out, they did for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ichpen View Post
    You got hosed. Never go to Roy Foss. Had many similar experiences with them.

Call GM central and lodge a complaint. They may be able to help out, they did for me.
    Glad to see another happy customer!! Well GM finally called me back and said that it was not covered by the warranty they have posted on the website. "Cadillac No-Charge Scheduled Maintenance program pays for all regularly scheduled maintenance (excludes brakes and rotors)". Again I did not request anything other then an oil change and this is what was "recommended" by GM Cadillac that was never told to me about the servicing of calipers or an alignment .They however did call my service advisor and he stated that he told me this was a chargeable???? I don't think so! I have always purchased GM and hope they can fix this issue. Also they need to modify the "No-Charge Scheduled Maintenance program pays for all regularly scheduled maintenance " so it makes sense!

Now GM is going after Roy Foss for the charge for me. Ill keep everyone posted.

Well I finally got a call back from GM and they requested Roy Foss to credit me my money back. Thanks to all that responded to this thread and I'm glad this was resolved.

I was very happy with the sales staff at Roy Foss and that was the best experience in buying a new vehicle I have ever had. Well organized and absolutely no issues at all, top notch IMO and I would definitely purchase another vehicle again from Roy Foss! As for the service department not so much. If a call was placed for the "misunderstanding" on the warranty issue then I would possibly bring the car back their again. I did not do nothing wrong except take the "advice" form GM's manual on what the dealer (technician) is suppose to do (I think) with my vehicle at this increment.

Thanks again to all!!

TOPVIEW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS4 2008

I would say you were hosed! Kind of like when I bought my 08CTS4 and got a better deal from Old Mill. After I told my JACKA_ _ sales rep at Roy Foss who would not stop calling me I got a better price he told me he could have matched it
    THEN HE SHOULD HAVE FROM THE START

Roy Foss, has a great reputation for some reason, I cannot understand, I would never go there again.

Oh and by they way, I brought my caddy to old mill because of squeaky breaks at 12k and all four pads were changed under warranty. How many KM on your car, you should not have paid for anything. Did they charge you for the rental? I get one at no charge from Old Mill when my car is in for service

GTA CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: Warranty Question ?? With Roy Foss

FYI - Nurse Chev Cadillac in Whitby is rated by GM Canada as #1 in Customer Sales Satisfaction and #1 in Customer Service Satisfaction in Ontario. The Service Department is top 3 in Canada also.

Jon
    Jon is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Glad to hear GM got it sorted out for you. Lots of horror stories with Roy Foss. I had one with them many years ago. Would never go there again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.