Grrr...pothole city!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
The Ontario CTS Club Discussion, Grrr...pothole city! in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; A couple of days ago I hit a pothole on Royal York Road that shook the teethe right out of ...
    northlites is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS cherry bomb

Thumbs down Grrr...pothole city!

A couple of days ago I hit a pothole on Royal York Road that shook the teethe right out of my head.

Does anyone know if it's illegal to shoot the mayor? Failing that, what are my chances if I made a insurance claim for the bent rim. I pretty sure sueing the city is a big waste of time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Nels is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS Supercharged

Re: Grrr...pothole city!

From my understanding if you notify the city of when and where you had hit the pothole the city covers the cost of repair. You might want to check it out.

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Yes, it's not so hard to make a claim from the city if the pothole was not marked. I would take some good pics of the location and pothole during daylight.

On a side note does anyone think potholes have multiplied exponentially this year in T.O?

Gardiner west bound looked like a bombed out Serbian air strip circa mid-90s for at least a couple of months.

TOPVIEW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS4 2008

It is not your imagination, one day I think I took a detour through a pothole somewhere around Dufferin and Lawrence and came up around Yorkdale. Absoltuley unbelievable the shape our streets are in. I just got my 08 CTS AWD in August and I am sure my rims are out of round. Not worried though, after market rims going on after the snow is gone....

And yes, you can put a claim in with the city, I did with my previous car and my factory maxima rims were 570.00 a peice and they paid it all so call, take pics, get and estimate and send it off, three weeks, cheques arrived

Cool Grrr...pothole city!

There's a dangerous side effect to potholes (that seem to multiply overnight!)

I find myself so busy watching out for potholes that my eyes aren't where they're supposed to be, namely on the road well ahead. I confess to going through a red light while I was busy dodging a bunch of gaping holes in the road that appeared out of nowhere -or so it seemed. Is it my imagination or are the NS roads worse than the EW roads. It's possible that I've become paranoid.

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

You're not paranoid, I'm in the same situation except the suspension is a lot stiffer on my V hence I really really do notice when I drive through something deeper than an inch.

I really don't know what's going on these days in T.O. Never seen it so bad and this winter was not terribly cold or snowy either. It's not just the small roads but the major highways. The DVP to 401 East junction looks like it was purposely dug up. I'm assuming most of the potholes are caused by overzealous snowplough drivers.

Jon
    Jon is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

It's like auto slalom when I drive on the highways. Dodging left and right to avoid the craters!

Lightbulb Grrr...pothole city!

Jim Kenzie of the Toronto Star offered some useful phone numbers:
    City of Toronto potholes -416 599 9090 then push #164;
    Freeways (Ontario) -416 235 4686 0r 1 800 268 4686.
    If the people in power think your pothole is serious enough they may fix it right away or, at least, in a few days.
    Mr. Kenzie doesn't believe an insurance claim would be in your best interest, all things considered, and the municipality doesn't have any automatic City financed plan to fix your car when damaged by hitting one of their chasms. You may want to write the City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 100 Queen St. Toronto M5H 2N2 or email clerk@toronto.ca
    In the meantime I'll try to keep my eyes where they're supposed to be!

chico is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 Caddy CTS

well.... even since Miller got into the office the budget for roads have been shortend, this was in the last weeks paper. "When Mr. Miller took office in 2003, transportation officials calculated the unfunded cost of bringing city roads to an acceptable standard at $155-million. A year later, the backlog price tag had grown to $235-million. Faced with outrageous demands from the transit system, city hall abandoned a half-hearted attempt to pay it down in 2006. Today, officials report, Toronto roads need $320-million of maintenance for which there are neither plans nor money available"
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ory/TPComment/

I just try to avoid Downtown TO as much as possible

tequilakid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    I just try to avoid Downtown TO as much as possible

The roads downtown are alot better then most of the ones in scarbrough and north york

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.