Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Funny Smell

Funny Smell

HI all. WHen i am driving my car and i am idled fo ra whil, stuck in traffic, or my engine temp is around 200 and I am moving on the highway etc... i get theis funny smell. It acutally gets nausiating. I wan tto say it smells like oil and antifrezze together but i nevre smelled aynthing liek it. It really makes me dizzy. Anyone know what it is?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: Funny Smell

Headgasket!! Just to verify, do you have milky oil, or gooey coolant????

My 94 Eldorado is doing the same thing. This oil is not milky and the coolant is not sticky. What do you mean by headgaskets? I had my headgaskets replaced a little over a year ago.
    Thanks,
    Teresa

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Well you may not necessarily have milky oil or gooey coolant.... But you could still have a leak in the gasket.....

Hopefully the heads werent warped, causing the gasket to fail again!

Hey I have the same smell on my 1994 sts. Oil is still black and coolant still wet. My radiator is new I put a new one in myself month ago. It did overheat!?. Now I have a new problem the smell and the engin hesitates mechanic said i need a new electrical coil one of the three isn't firing as strong and new plugs and wires he did mention perhaps a blown gasket(perhaps?). N hell i'm just a broke college kid who bought a car way out of my leage.

wELL THE smell went away when the darn thing caught on fire. The sp wires meshed!