Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Installed Magnaflows.........

Installed Magnaflows.........

Hey all, I finally got around to getting an aftermarket exhaust, settled on the magnaflows... I love em, sound is great, not to loud but 'musclely' enough to sound kickasz.... Not sure if I gained any worthwhile horsepower (anyone know), but the engine revs up easier/faster... I kept the stock tips for the stock look I wanted and only had them install the magna's where the original muff's were.. I love this car more and more, and to think I almost bought a Lincoln towncar instead...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Re: Installed Magnaflows.........

Sweet! I installed some Ravins on my old '94 Concours, but they were a little too loud for my taste! They droned too much when cruising. The Concours is a great car though, better than any Lincoln!

JSMeloche is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX V6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by 95Concours
    Hey all, I finally got around to getting an aftermarket exhaust, settled on the magnaflows... I love em, sound is great, not to loud but 'musclely' enough to sound kickasz.... Not sure if I gained any worthwhile horsepower (anyone know), but the engine revs up easier/faster... I kept the stock tips for the stock look I wanted and only had them install the magna's where the original muff's were.. I love this car more and more, and to think I almost bought a Lincoln towncar instead...
    Do you have the full Stainless steel ones? or the alumenized ones? How is the drone at highway speed? I was looking toward buying the SS one myself. I already heard them and they sound killer but i do not want droning!!!

Not to bad at all, I kept the resonater in place.. If the windows are rolled up, there is a slight drone/rumble, having the radio turned up around mid level basically drowns out the exhaust... If you punch it, you'll here the roar, even with the windows up. Ill try and get a few sounds files later this week up for you. I bought the aluminum ones, didnt want to spend the extra cash for the shiny ones since you can barely see the magnas in the stock location. Cost me $240.00 ($92.00 per muff, $40 for install + tax) at Johnny Franklins.
    Last edited by 95Concours; 02-08-05 at 04:07 PM.

good choice, thats what i use on my mustang. i'm still deciding what i want to use on my cadi though. i think an electric cutout would be awesome :coolgleam

I had them start up the car after they removed the muff's and give it some gas, it was way to loud and ratty for a Cadillac... Cant imagine how much louder if the cat and resonater were removed too.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

I'm going to put some Dynomax Super Turbos, Magnaflows, or Flowmaster delta 40s on my ETC this month. Whatever I can get cheap on ebay will be the deciding factor, I'll try using my friend's crappy wire feed welder to install them otherwise I'll take it to a real shop.