Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: engine squeeking

Question engine squeeking

I left my car at my friends house last night and when i got in it today to go home i started her up and the engine was making a loud squeeking noise. It did rain last night, but this wasnt a wet belt noise. It sounded like bad bearings in a pulley somewhere. But when going home, after driving for aobut 10 min, the noise was gone.

anyone have any idea what it can be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: engine squeeking

A belt noise can be very hard to diagnose because it can sound like many different things. If it ever makes the noise again, try spraying it with some brake cleaner or similar solvent and see if it effects the noise.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Has anything seemed a little goofy lately?? IE steering a little weird, not charging enough, etc........

i got out the mechanics scope today (thingy like what the doctor uses only it had a bar on it). I looked and looked and looked. no beans.

the PS has made a little noise when cold since day one.. alternator is brand new, temp is normal still kinda rough idle... i need new plug wires... i know that, i just havent had $100 to dump on a new set.

if it does it in the morning ill check again with the scope... kinda sounded like it was the passenger side. THe idlers and all the pulles sounded normal with the scope though.

maybe some water got under there somehow, it rainned pretty hard and gor VERY humid in a matter of a half hour today.

Every once and a while my accessory belt makes a lot of noise...