Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: wierd traction control problem!!!

wierd traction control problem!!!

i noticed when i press my traction control button, across my dash, it says "traction controll off" so i know its off...and this allows me to spin my tires ...well i floor it and i dont...

but when i press my traction control on..it goes across my screen saying "traction control on"...and i floor it, and i spin my tires...

i thought it was suppossed to be the opposite...so im really confused now, and im wondering if its messed up. anyone know?
    thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Re: wierd traction control problem!!!

Nope, it's working fine!
    The transmission will start out in 2nd gear with the TC off to prevent transmission damage.

oooooooooh that makes sense...and thats y it starts off slower!! WOW. thanx so much...cadillac was gonna charge me 90 dollars to just look at it LOL

wow thanx. i understand now. its awesome having so many people that know so much so i dont hafta go and waste money hehe

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Well, I only charge $45 for diagnostics!

I can't believe they would charge you to solve that simple problem! That's something that I don't think is in the owners manual, but should be!

foo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It turns it off to save the differential.. I, however, am going to figure out a way to rewire it so that it can't disable 1st gear with it off :> It greatly reduces track times if I have the slightest bit of differential spin