AC blower keeps cutting off
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, AC blower keeps cutting off in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; HI Everyone. I have a 96' Eldo and for some reason the AC blower keeps cutting on and off after ...
    sumguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '96 Eldo

AC blower keeps cutting off

HI Everyone. I have a 96' Eldo and for some reason the AC blower keeps cutting on and off after just a minute or so. Sometimes it even takes longer than normal to turn on. Shortly after it cuts off it turns back on, blows for a few secs, and then cuts off again -though the readout on the display is reading the mid or max setting. When it blows it does blow cold air though, and when the blower is set on low it seems to stay on. This anomaly only seems to happen in aformentioned mid, and high settings. I just had the car refilled with refrigerant after I got a display on my dash saying it was low. Anyone out there know what the problem might be? Thanks in advance for any advice in regard to figuring this out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

eldonova is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: AC blower keeps cutting off

hi ,i also have a 96 eldo ,i had similar problems,my mechanic said he thought it was the blower motor(bad).i was convinced that that was it too. But i happened to replace my battery,and damned if that problem didnt go away.i was running at about 12vlts w/old battery.With new: 13.8 volts constant.check your voltage.

dloch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by eldonova
    hi ,i also have a 96 eldo ,i had similar problems,my mechanic said he thought it was the blower motor(bad).i was convinced that that was it too. But i happened to replace my battery,and damned if that problem didnt go away.i was running at about 12vlts w/old battery.With new: 13.8 volts constant.check your voltage.
    Good point.. If the PCM senses low battery voltage it will not run certain things. It will start in 2nd gear, not lock-up the torque converter... damn things are too smart.

Wilk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I also have a blower motor on a '99 seville that will not run. I banged on it one day and that made it go. I am convinced the motor is bad but I was quoted $200 for a new one without labor. I am going to take it out and bring it to an electric motor shop to get it repaired, probably needs brushes. I hope that is whats wrong because it looks like a pain to remove.

from the dealer :easy to get out ,possibility to crack plastic squirrel cage putting back in.he also said just about all of these N*'s come in for one of these eventually.

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

from the dealer :easy to get out ,possibility to crack plastic squirrel cage putting back in.he also said just about all of these N*'s come in for one of these eventually.
    They do. Bad design. I believe the 2002's finally had a different design.

sumguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '96 Eldo

The voltage indicated on my in-dash display fluctuates from about 13.7 down to as low as 11.7. Should the voltage remain at a constant 13.8? I really don't have much faith in the displays, so never gave the battery possiblity much thought.

when mine dipped into the 11's is when i experienced the intermitent blower.try a new battery.cant hurt.these babies really suck the juice.

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

the connector to the the motor assembly can be faulty as well.

CadCrazy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I first read this post and thought about mine going bad soon because it kinda made a fluttering noise when on high so since my 98 STS is still under warranty until May of this year I took it in and they were glad to replace it!
    WOW. what a difference... It blows hard as hell now. It never blew that hard before...I just thought it was the cabin filter restricting it. Thanks you guys for posting this info....I need to find more stuff wrong before the warranty expires???
    BTW if anyone wants an E&G Grill they should chose the one they want and contact me. I will get it for you at my cost...You will not ever get it any cheaper new from anywhere unless you are buying 12 to 15000 dollars worth each month. Thats the only way you will get them cheaper.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.