Best Exhaust Upgrade for a 96 STS.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Best Exhaust Upgrade for a 96 STS. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I was thinking of upgrading my exhaust in the time to come and was curious on which would be the ...
    STS127 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 STS

Best Exhaust Upgrade for a 96 STS.

I was thinking of upgrading my exhaust in the time to come and was curious on which would be the best. I found that Dynomax Thrush mufflers have basically the same dimension size as the stocks, 20in. length, 9-10in. width and 4-5in. thickness with the 2in. offset/center pipes. Any others worth considering?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1997BlackETC is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Re: Best Exhaust Upgrade for a 96 STS.

I've heard the Corsa systems are real nice for the STS if you can find one, I've got an Eldorado so I am out of luck as far as the Corsas go. Does not really bother me much though as I kind of value my piece and quit especially in a luxury car.

MrEr1c is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The corsa system will not fit a '96 without some custom adjustments.

But the corsa does use 2.5 inch piping so i would recommend have a good shop (mandrel bends only) make you a nice catback with piping and some decent mufflers that you think sound good.

I would go with a high-flow cat, and only two mufflers if not one. Or if possible, keep your stock exhaust and just wled in an electric cutout. Have the cutout after the last o2 sensor and if possible, before any cats/mufflers.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Pearl White Diamond Cadillac Eldorado ESC

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.