Service Manuals
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Service Manuals in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I found the following book on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...809325-8928063 IT says that it includes the 94 DeVille. This wouldn't work with ...
    Roswell256 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Service Manuals

I found the following book on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...809325-8928063

IT says that it includes the 94 DeVille. This wouldn't work with my Concours, would it? The DeVille had the 4.9 and I have a 4.6L N*. Should I get someting that specificly mentions the '94 DeVille Concours? Any help would rock. Thanks

-Roswell-

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RLLOVETT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Service Manuals

Search for Helm Publishing and get the real deal. It will cost you $90 but worth every penny...you might also try ebay.

Lawrence is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Don't buy that even if it is for your car, there worthless. Those Haynes manuals are incomplete and wrong. In fact in the Haynes manual there is no internal engine repair section for the NS. According to them it is too complicated and requires special tools to work on so, they recommend taking it to the dealer. BS! Same with the trans. There is a reason it is $15.00 and in my opinion not worth that.

Buy the factory manual. You can buy the set of 2 from www.helminc.com for about $90.00 plus $6.95 S&H, and worth it as you'll save every penney of that and more with the OEM manual. It also gives you all the misc stuff too like the RKE programming. EVERY item on the car is covered and explained.

Roswell256 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Awsome. Thank you both. I'll end up getting a Helm manual when I get paid.

-Roswell-

dloch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence
    Don't buy that even if it is for your car, there worthless. Those Haynes manuals are incomplete and wrong. In fact in the Haynes manual there is no internal engine repair section for the NS. According to them it is too complicated and requires special tools to work on so, they recommend taking it to the dealer. BS! Same with the trans. There is a reason it is $15.00 and in my opinion not worth that.

Buy the factory manual. You can buy the set of 2 from www.helminc.com for about $90.00 plus $6.95 S&H, and worth it as you'll save every penney of that and more with the OEM manual. It also gives you all the misc stuff too like the RKE programming. EVERY item on the car is covered and explained.
    I agree, the only thing those manuals are good for is to start a fire. The guy I bought my car from had one that he gave me..... after looking at it I want to give it back. Some of the information is wrong and conflicting. Like alot of you on this forum I want, sometimes, very detailed information as well as pictures/diagrams to make sure I understand what I'm about to get into.

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Check eBay for the factory manual too. I bought mine there for 1/3 the price.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.