Miracle fuel additive stopped noise and oil consumption
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Miracle fuel additive stopped noise and oil consumption in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; OK its not a miracle additive but it worked and I am shocked. I added 2 stroke oil to my ...
    STS4me is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Miracle fuel additive stopped noise and oil consumption

OK its not a miracle additive but it worked and I am shocked.

I added 2 stroke oil to my 00 STS for 1 tank of gas. I used synthetic prelube I think it was silkolene...or some such small bottle.

The first start ticking disappeared and my oil consumption disappeared also. My car has never run smoother and still has the same power if not a little more off the line pep as before.

I have read other mags that say its ok to do and it never turned on my check engine light at all.

This being said I also used it in my 82 Jeep cherokee Chief and it ran smoother and cooler!

It works guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Re: Miracle fuel additive stopped noise and oil consumption

Hmmmm.....

I do that each fall (run two stroke oil in the gas) to prep the engine for storage in my fun cars , motorcycles and other equipment/engines that get stored and it works excellently in "fogging" the engines and exhaust systems for storage. Also, keeps varnish and such from building up whereever gasoline remains in the system (the oil film left over as the gas evaporates coats the parts and prevents any corrosion or varnish from sticking)......but....I have never heard of it being used consistently as a gas additive for noise or oil consumption.

Is this a recent experience and/or how long since you did it. Hard to check an improvement in oil consumption in one tank....and if you have to keep it up then you are using more 2-stroke oil than the regular engine oil would have..so why bother...???

STS4me is offline Cadillac Owners Member

This is over the last 3 months I do not use the oil at every fill up at all I have used it 3 times about once a month. My 2000 has 78K miles on it I use the car very well.

It is my opinion that the 2stroke oil reduces carbon fouling in my motor......And my caddy uses one quart per 1K mile before now i am not using a thing now.

marcos is offline Cadillac Owners Member

how much do you add per tank?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.