1BadCaddy 94' STS update on power tune up.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 1BadCaddy 94' STS update on power tune up. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I ended up doing the Power tune up I mentioned before. I got a set of PowerMax 7mm Plug wires($70) ...
    1badcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94' Seville STS

1BadCaddy 94' STS update on power tune up.

I ended up doing the Power tune up I mentioned before. I got a set of PowerMax 7mm Plug wires($70) and NGK TR55IX plugs($6.50 ea) from RockAuto for a good price. I also ordered 4 Accel 45k volt coil packs from Summit Racing for $35 each. Cheaper then the stock coils. I figured the ones on the car were getting old with 160k miles on them. Might as well change them out along with new O2 sensors, upper and lower radiator hoses, radiator, thermostat w/ housing, fuel filter, cleaned the K&N filter, changed the oil with mobil 1 and used a K&N gold oil filter. The cooling system has the recommended sealant tablets and GM Dexcool coolant. My new exhaust tips from Magnaflow were welded on too.
    The 20" Voxx wheels will be on by tuesday. And the New stereo system I putting together utilizing a Single Kicker L7 12 DVC in a Kicker spec sealed box run by a Fosgate Punch 5002 2ch 650wrms amp fed by a Clarion Pro Audio CD player with music catcher technology and the stock Bose cabin speakers still be run by the Bose 100w amps with the proper metra wiring harness. The radio will get its own 12ga constant power wire run str8 from the battery. The Big 3 will be done also with some 2ga power wire and gold plated ring terminals. A 2ga power wire will be run to the back to a Dist block to split up to 2 4ga wires. 1 will feed a 1.5 Farad Fosgate Cap and the Amp and the other is reserved for the upcoming Fast Bag airsuspension. The Pump will need a 4ga wire for power.

I am still thinking about ordering the Westers chip and having a Dyno day to see a before and after with the chip for the forum.

Gonna make this STS skoot!
    Pics of the new 20's and magnaflow tips will be up shortly after the wheels show up and are installed.

Later
    "J"

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 1BadCaddy 94' STS update on power tune up.

So nobody has any thing to say about this? No crying because i didn't use all AC Delco parts? i replaced all normal wear and tear parts with AC Delco pieces like all the sensors and hoses and used all GM specific coolant products including the tabs. I Never ever use OE wires or plugs in my cars if there is something better. I know Better is a matter of opinion but we'll see what the Dyno says. Will have to take into consideration the heavy wheels that will be on the car at the time of dyno. The 20" Voxx wheels weigh around 32lbs each. Not sure what size or weight the stockers were but these are most likely heavier. But dang they will look good.

Any negative or positive comments?

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Pearl White Diamond Cadillac Eldorado ESC

I am thinking about not going the AC Delco route, but I know if I have problems, everyone on the board will probably laugh at me!

How do the new plus and wires feel? I am guessing they are doing great.

Well my family and the mechanic told me the car responds immediatley and has more pep. Thats a good thing. I will be putting the new Accel coils on when I get there in a week.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

I dont know if I'd have bothered replacing the coils, the way I feel with cars afer 35 years of experience, if it aint broke, dont fix it. As far as plugs go, I kinda like the new delco Iridium plugs. With the 02 sensors, I would just test them looking at their output with a scanner, they are a pain to replace and expensive and may be ok as is. And with the Stereo if it were my car, I'd just leave it alone and maybe just go with a sub woofer and a cheap amp in the trunk. Did that on my eldo and it sounds fine with the bose system spending only 60 bucks for the sub and the box and using a old bridged 2 channel alpine amp I had hanging around. As far as the wheels go, I'd save my money for the things that are going to go in the future on a car with that kind of mileage like Struts, water pumps, alternators etc. Didnt mean to rain on your parade . If those are the things you really want, go for it.

Yeah, I have money to burn. This car has a clean maint. history so I'm modding it. The wheels are already on and the stereo is already all purchased. I already had the amp, cap, cd player I only had to purchase the sub($188 shipped), Kicker sealed box($70 shipped) 2 ga wiring kit($42 shipped) Metra mounting kit($12 shipped) metra bose wiring harness and ant kit($46 shipped). This car will be a regular at car shows so I want it done right.

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcaddy View Post
    Yeah, I have money to burn. This car has a clean maint. history so I'm modding it. The wheels are already on and the stereo is already all purchased. I already had the amp, cap, cd player I only had to purchase the sub($188 shipped), Kicker sealed box($70 shipped) 2 ga wiring kit($42 shipped) Metra mounting kit($12 shipped) metra bose wiring harness and ant kit($46 shipped). This car will be a regular at car shows so I want it done right.
    Sounds good, gotta have fun with cars. I decieded to leave mine stock because I have another toy (2004 Colorado Pickup) and have modded out that vehicle, otherwise I probabley would have done the stuff to my eldo you are doing to your seville.

eldorado1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

As long as you didn't put in bosch O2 sensors, I'd say you're golden.

AlBundy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by eldorado1 View Post
    As long as you didn't put in bosch O2 sensors, I'd say you're golden.
    Whats the deal with bosch O2s.

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

They don't seem to play well with the Northstar.

Nor the 4.9, I put one in my older deville and it ran like crap, no throttle response.

eldorado1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

they don't play well with ANY GM...

Bosch is synonymous with crap as far as I'm concerned...

Nope it was an AC Delco Part #AFS73. I should be good to go. Does this car use 3 different O2 sensors or are they all the same in different places?

davestpierre is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How long have you had power max plug wires? D0 they seem to work as well as the ac delco.I need wires but dont know if i want to spend the extra 50$ for delco wires. thanks DAVE!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.