Magnets Increase Mileage/Power??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Magnets Increase Mileage/Power?? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Just messing around on eBay today and I came across this auction... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...43766039QQrdZ1 The guy claims that his magnet aligns/ionizes ...
    digitalcaddie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '02 Escalade

Magnets Increase Mileage/Power??

Just messing around on eBay today and I came across this auction...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...43766039QQrdZ1

The guy claims that his magnet aligns/ionizes the hydrocarbon molecules in gasoline which allows for better mixing with oxygen in the carburetor which yields more complete combustion which yields better fuel economy and more power. Has anyone tried one of these before??? What were your results???

I'm an electrical engineer whose had quite a bit of chemistry and regularly works with electric and magnetic fields, but I don't quite see how ionizing and aligning the gasoline molecules will yield better performance. I would think that if you're getting incomplete combustion (not enough oxygen in the chambers) you're going to lose power, but the O2 sensors should adjust the air/fuel ratio to correct the problem. So as long as you have plenty of O2 in the carb, why would ionizing the molecules change anything?? Let me know what you think or please post a review if you've tried one of these things. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Magnets Increase Mileage/Power??

OK...the link above is to his auction, but if the auction has ended do a search for Item #170043766039.

This is one of the strangest things I've seen.

Kcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Tripple Black Allante, RIP 98 catera

Nope, they dont work, but im sure people buy them and get a wonderful placebo effect....

Hmm...interesting. The guy offered 3 times your money back if you weren't happy...he must be banking on the "placebo" effect or people who are too lazy to track him down.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Buy six sets of these, put them on your car, as you drive you can drain the excess fuel as it accumulates in your tank and sell it to your neighbors. Prosperity is just around the corner.

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

....that is all

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

nigelb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS RHD 194,150 miles. what's a speed limiter???

best bit is where the guy says you should fit a new air filter and use some injector cleaner to help speed up the results. can't beat some basic servicing to increase milage, heck do the plugs and wires while you're at at.

looks like his gimmick is the type of magnet in the device, those neodymium magnets are very powerful for their size. and expensive.
    so powerful in fact that it might be hard to get the two halves of the device apart so that you can instal it.
    because of the strength there might only be a small piece in the casing, making it no better than the other brands.
    magnets can align molecules, look at MRI scanners, they align the hydrogen atoms inside your body. the effect only lasts for as long as you're in the magnetic field and a lot of energy is used to create the field.
    after my MRI scan i certainly didn't feel like i could run any faster, damn machine gave me a headache, all that banging and booming.

i once had a guy work for me that sold those magnetic health bracelets as a sideline.
    he had them for people and animals and he had magnet devices for cars.
    he tried like heck to get me to buy a bracelet and a magnet for my van, offering a money back warranty. i just used to chuckle and say no.
    well the end of it is that he lost a load of money buying his 'stock', the distributor wouldn't buy it back from him, they said he had to resell all the stock people returned to him.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

The guy's who invented that magnet and the "Tornado" consider P.T. Barnum as their patron saint.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcaddie View Post
    Hmm...interesting. The guy offered 3 times your money back if you weren't happy...he must be banking on the "placebo" effect or people who are too lazy to track him down.
    Yeah, try collecting on it.

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I thought it was a good idea!

chevelle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcaddie View Post
    Just messing around on eBay today and I came across this auction...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...43766039QQrdZ1

The guy claims that his magnet aligns/ionizes the hydrocarbon molecules in gasoline which allows for better mixing with oxygen in the carburetor which yields more complete combustion which yields better fuel economy and more power. Has anyone tried one of these before??? What were your results???

I'm an electrical engineer whose had quite a bit of chemistry and regularly works with electric and magnetic fields, but I don't quite see how ionizing and aligning the gasoline molecules will yield better performance. I would think that if you're getting incomplete combustion (not enough oxygen in the chambers) you're going to lose power, but the O2 sensors should adjust the air/fuel ratio to correct the problem. So as long as you have plenty of O2 in the carb, why would ionizing the molecules change anything?? Let me know what you think or please post a review if you've tried one of these things. Thanks.

Now really.....you cannot be an electrical engineer (or any sort of "engineer")and ask this question in ernest.....can you???

Even the guy they let drive the train knows that fuel line magnets are pure bullshit....LOL

BTW......you would have trouble finding any vehicle made in the last 15 or more years that had a "carburetor" for the "ionized and molecularily aligned fuel" to flow thru.

Chevelle...I don't claim to "know it all"...thats why I asked the question initially. Didn't make any sense to me, but just cuz something doens't make sense doens't mean it won't work.

And as pointed out, MRI machines do align molecules in your body but it takes a VERY strong superconducting magnet to do that. The magnets this guy is selling would not have anywhere near the same field strength.

I should learn how to spell "doesn't"

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Automotive fuel lines are steel. The steel completely diverts the field from the magnets around the fluid inside. It makes no difference what the magnetism is supposed to do to the fluid because it never gets there. The whole premise is so rediculous that it boggles the mind that the subject could even be under discussion.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.