supercharged caddy?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, supercharged caddy? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hey all i heard one of the cadillacs for 04 was coming with a supercharger. is this true? and if ...
    capn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado ETC

supercharged caddy?

Hey all

i heard one of the cadillacs for 04 was coming with a supercharger. is this true? and if so can the supercharger be taken off and put on a 94 cadillac eldorado with a northstar?

capn

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

beemer2k is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: supercharged caddy?

Quote Originally Posted by capn
    Hey all

i heard one of the cadillacs for 04 was coming with a supercharger. is this true? and if so can the supercharger be taken off and put on a 94 cadillac eldorado with a northstar?

capn
    No, not true unfortunately. You might be thinking of the IMAJ concept car. That is supercharged (425 hp) but is not a production model. You might have also heard about the CTS-V which is a savage machine in it's own right (Z06 Corvette engine putting out 400 hp). Originally there was talk of putting a supercharged northstar in the CTS-V, but GM scrapped the idea when they found out the northstar wouldn't fit in the CTS engine bay. The 2005 STS will have a "V" version that will be twin turbo.

People have been working on a supercharger for 93+ 4.6 northstars for years. The project seems to be at a standstill. Computer issues. Go to caddyinfo.com to find out more.

Sinister Angel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A boat

Computer issues? I find that kind of funny seeing as people are dropping turbos and the like in Saturns for chrissake.

Dubya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

no ones taken time to figure out the computer issues, want a supercharger, if you have enough $$ its not a problem, get a stand alone custom built ecu. were not talking bolt on $3,000 hp, i know i saw somewhere someone had a supercharged northstar deville. but your talking mega $$$ - don't hold your breath for a kit.

beemer2k is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Angel
    Computer issues? I find that kind of funny seeing as people are dropping turbos and the like in Saturns for chrissake.
    Well, Saturns need all the help they can get... but that's another post. There is a twin turbo kit for the 4.6 northstar, but it's for sand cars only. The piping won't fit under the hood. Computer problems seem to be the reason why the project is at a standstill. Don't ask me why, it's all Greek to me.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

The computer calibration issues are basically what is stopping most of the supercharger projects. The mechanics of bolting up the supercharger are not the difficult but the cal changes required to make it run right are difficult. Plus, there are several different generations of Northstars to deal with...the 93-95 had speed density systems, the 96-99 were the MAF with OBD2 systems that are much more difficult to hack into and then the 2000 and later systems that are a completley different control system that is very very difficult to hack.

The other things making the Cadillac more difficult is the complete vehicle integration of the control system and electronics. It isn't enough to just get the engine running correctly with the supercharger. The trans is controlled by the PCM also . The production PCM cannot be just ditched and an aftermarket controller used as the rest of the car will freak out not seeing the production PCM operating.

Saturns and Hondas are much simpler cars and the PCM's only control the engine so they are easily replaced with an aftermarket controller that will accomodate boost. The Cadillac systems cannot accomodate this.

capn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado ETC

well damn is there a single turbo kit with a piggy back ecu or something?? are there some cams or something??? I WANT MORE POWER

growe3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1993 STS and 2004 DTS

Koz
    Koz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

if you want to go fast put a big block chevy in it a nd make it rear drive.

or if you want to go real fast put a blown and injected hemi in there rear drive.
    dont play with that north star its for old men
    its just another aluminun junk GM motor from the early 60s

CadCrazy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

MOPARMOPAR

RAPID TRANSIT...DIRECT CONNECTION...

MOPAR or no car baby!!!

Randy_W is offline Banned

"dont play with that north star its for old men
    its just another aluminun junk GM motor from the early 60s"

What a MF'ing idiot! When you say stuff like that it makes those of us who think you're stupid, realize we were right!!!

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Bbob would be pissed... to think that the engine was developed in the late 80's early 90's ... and then to say its a piece of crap engine made in the 60's! When this engine probably has more electronic capabillity than the pos COMPUTER youre probably using Koz.

Northstars were made to be high-performance, and are high performance. You could practically transfer a n* into a sports car right now and it would be killer... oh wait its been done... the XLR, the Cien etc. etc.!

Koz

what is the big tech advance of a 4 cam 300 hp motor

many engines with a sinlge cam have more hp

gm started its tech on alumjunk engines in the sixties
    junk then junk now

Koz

oh the xlr a 75,000 dollar mustang

lets defend caddy like caddy knows your alive

The_Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1980 Coupe deVille, 1996 SLS

Dnftt

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.