'99 or '00 ETC?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, '99 or '00 ETC? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I'm in the market for an Eldorado, a car I've wanted for years. I've found two I really want. One ...
    jlarson69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

'99 or '00 ETC?

I'm in the market for an Eldorado, a car I've wanted for years.
    I've found two I really want.
    One is a 1999 ETC with 56k, a Viper alarm, 2004 Cadillac wheels, tint, and it comes with a 90 day/3,000 warranty. The bad part is it's on Ebay and I can't go drive it due to distance. This car is about $10k plus $795 shipping.
    The other is a 2000 ETC also with 56k miles, but it has Onstar and a moonroof.
    Other than the options I listed, they're both the same. Black exterior/interior, same mileage. I would be able to drive the 2000 before I buy but it has no warranty as it's from a private seller and it's 10 hours away. This seller wants $12k for this car.
    I've seen pictures of both these cars and they're both really clean.
    Neither have maintenance records and both cars check out with Carfax.
    I like the options more on the '99, but would the 2000 be a better bet since they changed the N*s in 2000? Do the 2000 and up Eldos have less problems with blown headgaskets?
    I am scared to death of these cars blowing a headgasket in a few thousand miles.
    I haven't been able to find a black on black ETC in the area I live in and I've been looking for months.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Re: '99 or '00 ETC?

Keep up with the cooling system mainatnence and you should be ok, though there is always the exception. Either car should have had the coolant changed once already.

AKETC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: '99 or '00 ETC?

Hey Josh Is this you? I tried to email you back through ebay about your car and they cut me off. I guess they don't want members talking to each other. Just so you I post here so maybe you will check in and I can get ahold of you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.