Cadillac Owners Forum banner
599 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  camaromustangfreak 
#1 ·
all right so im new to these caddy forums but my mother does have a 4.6L Northstar Deville and i was just wandering if any of you have seen anyone do a conversion from a 3.8L powered camaro to a 4.6L Northstar powered camaro? Me and and my dad are all the time running each other when my mom isnt around and he always gets the faster car, the Caddy of course, and sucks my tail up then spits out again. I heard of someone one doing this swap befor but they had to re route the coolant lines since the water pump would be close to the firewall in a camaro since turning a transverse engine does that, and we were wanting to do the same to my 1997 Camaro RS and was wandering if someone on here might know what all we would need to do just to make the thing fit into the camaro and actually run.

#4 ·
Just get a Camaro with the LS1 and he will never beat you again. Much easier than trying to make the transverse Nstar fit a traditional engine compartment. LS1 has a lot of aftermarket parts available also. Would run rings around the Caddy with a few mods and most other cars too. For a lot less $$$$ and frustration.

#5 ·
i know it would be heaper but its not all about the cost... ok so im broke at the present oment and i just started my first year at college and im trying to earn a BS in computer engineering but i don't care about the whole money thing and i know i will most likly never doit but my dad has alot of connections and is very knowledgable(spelling) on this kinda stuff and it just a cool factor of having a Northstar powered Camaro that could possibly run with a Corvette. ut oh well i know for sure i will be buying a newer LS1 Camaro either this summer or next depending on the whole job thing. I hope to get a Black Z28 M6 already modded a little with decent mileage. thanks on the input though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.