More Quirks with my eldo
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, More Quirks with my eldo in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I have a few problems. One: my throttle body keeps opening and closing on its own. Is there a motor ...
    AKPsiMC03 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

More Quirks with my eldo

I have a few problems.

One: my throttle body keeps opening and closing on its own. Is there a motor on it somewhere? like in the TPS? or an IAC valve? It opend and clicks shut and keeps doing that, even when the car is off! If it turn the ignition to on but dont start it it clicks open and closed. Then while running. It wont do it at idle, only if it have a very small amount of throttle. Then it does it some more after it shut the car off. It deff sounds like there is a motor opening and closing it cus there is a buzzing sound. This problem makes the car surge (sometimes alot) when on driving, and if i take my foot off the gas i usually wont loose speed!

Next: My lights flicker. when its idleing or sitting at a light the lights dim and brighten rapidly. What causes this? do I need a new alternator? or is there a bad connetion somewhere?

Finally: I ran the diagnosis tonight at the Octane switch thinks im running 87. But I put premium in it every time! Its Stop and Shop gas though, so its not evactly the best stuff on earth. Could they be miss-lableing the gas? or could the sensor be bad?

I need help on this. I need ot get all this fixed before somehting breaks bad!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

oh yeah, its still not throwing any codes so the car thinks its fine.

RickTheRuler727 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I've had the same flickering light problem since I bought my Eldo everything is fine. If the alternator was bad you would see no charge on youe information screen on the dash

what makes an alternator do that though? did you check any of the connections? or could my alternator be gettong old and be on its way out?

but thats the least of my problems. I gotta find out what is making my throttle body open and close on its own.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.