2000 NS Oil Leak
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 2000 NS Oil Leak in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; My 2000 DeVille leaks a few drops of oil on the driveway overnight. The car has 90k miles on it. ...
    longisland516 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2000 NS Oil Leak

My 2000 DeVille leaks a few drops of oil on the driveway overnight. The car has 90k miles on it. The bottom of the oil pan is wet, but I guess the engine could be leaking from anywhere. Is there a common problem with oil leaks on the newer (2k and up) version of this engine too? I tried to search on "oil leak" and 11 pages show up, mostly on the older version of the engine. I have never had a Cadillac not leak oil! The 2k leaks more oil than my 85 HT4100! I can't believe this is progress. My 91 and 97 DeVilles also leaked oil. None of my Cadillac engines have ever been 100% dry.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

krimson_cardnal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 96DeVille

Re: 2000 NS Oil Leak

No, not ALL Cadillacs leak oil.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...light=oil+leak

Lot's has been discussed around here. Some will argue what constitutes a leak. Most live with it.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

My '97 had the halfcase seal replaced under warranty and was bone dry after that til I sold it last Oct. at 107K. I think the halfcase seals were redesigned by 2000. You might check the oil filter adapter. It is a somewhat common leak point from what I hear.

blb
    blb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

There are TSBs for resealing the half case seals, but if this wasn't done under warranty, there's a good chance it will leak as the engine ages. Very few people will actually pay to have this done out of warranty because it is big bucks. Again, here's another example if GM would do from the factory what they recommend in TSBs after the car is in service, there's a good chance they would have more customers. If the TSB was performed at some time, you will probably see a red sealant around the half case seals. If not, and the engine has some miles, there's a good chance it will be a leaker.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.