Replacement parts after reman engine
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Replacement parts after reman engine in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I was wondering what parts should I replace with my upcoming reman engine installation. The headgaskets are leaking in the ...
    97_Delegance is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Replacement parts after reman engine

I was wondering what parts should I replace with my upcoming reman engine installation. The headgaskets are leaking in the existing engine and no one here in central FL will do the repair. I found a reman engine with a 3yr/100k warranty for $2,900 + $200 for shipping. Install costs are about $1,000 - $1,500 at a local shop I know very well. If anyone knows of anyone in Central FL that will do this repair please let me know soon. This car has been sitting now for about 14 months without running so I know it will need some items replaced. FYI ... about a week before it "died", it had a new (from the dealership) waterpump, thermostat and radiator. Assuming the engine will be swapped what should be replaced while it is out? I am thinking plugs and wires, all engine hoses, drive belt, fuel filter, and air filter. The sterring gear was also going out when it died so they are going to replace that while it is out. Can anyone think of anything else? Does it make sense to have the alternator and starter rebuilt while they are out even if they didn't have problems? The car itself is a 97 Deville and it has about 80,000 miles on it. I appreciate everyones suggestions. If I'm going to spend this much to get it back on the road, I want to make sure in a month something else doesn't pop up. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Replacement parts after reman engine

Anybody??? Suggestions on what to have replaced while the engine is out?

Is anyone familiar with Custom Innovations? They have a reman Northstar on Ebay right now for $2495.00 with 3yr/36K warranty. I googled them and can't find a website. Anybody know anything or if this sounds like a good deal?
    Thanks

parts68 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 Escalade,96 Aurora,with Shelby engine

I have a couple of friends that have a shop in Orlando.
    Dont know for sure but perhaps they might be interested in doing
    a head gasket job.
    It wont save you the $1500 of an R&R but may save alot vs a reman motor.
    Shop is called Personaized Automotive.
    Ask for Dave or Larry.

denscor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I will tell you in a couple of weeks I bought one off ebay! I only gave 1601 for mine it was a late night aution with no reserve i have his number. he seems to be a stand up guy! If you want it IM me !

Parts68 ... Are they located on Hewett Drive? I googled and that's what I found.

Denscor ... I would like his information if you can send it. It won't let me send a private message for some reason .... the engine you ordered ... is it a remanufactured or used?

Thanks guys

parts68 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 Escalade,96 Aurora,with Shelby engine

1/2 blk off 436 just south of Colonial

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.