how to change coolant in 2003 deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, how to change coolant in 2003 deville in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; where are the drain plugs on 03 deville? will plug drain all coolant out, where should i add tablets, where ...
    gutierrezcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 deville dhs,05 cts-v,

how to change coolant in 2003 deville

where are the drain plugs on 03 deville? will plug drain all coolant out, where should i add tablets, where do i refill with coolant seeing there is no cap on the radiator, should i refill in surge tank? please let me know asap thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: how to change coolant in 2003 deville

Drain should be on the drivers side. Either on the bottom or on the back side of the radiator. That said, it is usually easier to pull the lower hose. You probably won't get all the coolant out. There will be some residual left. I find that I can get a little more out by reversing the hose on my shop vac and sticking it in the surge tank. Seal the opening with your hand and let it blow. I would not use a compressor. Your better off with high volumn, low pressure than vice versa. Put the tabs in the lower hose, not the surge tank. Slowly refill via the surge tank. Rev the engine several times to about 4K and it should purge itself of any air in the system. Top off the coolant as required. Check it again after the first drive.

thanks ranger! just changed used bars leak golden seal powder used two .75 now with that said is it normal that i drove to the gas station and it ran two points above the normal (halfway mark) than driving home it lowered itself a point have not checked since is that normal please let me know thanks

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

I suspect you did not rev the engine after filling the coolant and had some air in the system. That is why it ran hot. I believe the coolant temp sensor is under the intake and at a relatively high point on the engine, so if there is air in the system, that is where it will be. When the guage lowered is probably when the system purged itself. Check the coolant level again after it cools. Should be about 1 1/2" - 2" below the filler neck.

right on man its good to now people who know their stuff i'm gonna check right now thanks man god bless.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.