Possibly the best sounding N*?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Possibly the best sounding N*? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvmCoYHh1tU My aurora on the day I custom built my exhaust. I decided to see what she ...
    Aurora By Olds is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 DTS

Possibly the best sounding N*?

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvmCoYHh1tU

My aurora on the day I custom built my exhaust. I decided to see what she sounded like with nothing on it but the manifolds and collector. Not bad at the higher RPM's Needless to say its a bit quieter now :-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Possibly the best sounding N*?

Nice!! Just like a race car.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

damn not bad

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Sounds like the Corsa cat back on my STS, just a bit louder!

I'm sure leaving the exhaust like that would leave people wondering....what the hell was that??????

Well, it actually sounded like my old grand prix at idle and low RPM's, but once it got over 3500+ it was pretty mean. I will have sounds of the new exhaust once I get it finalized. Im not really happy with it yet...

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

My wife recorded this as I left for work the other morning and turned on to the expressway, I think. http://www.billzilla.org/BRM-pushstart.mp3

inurok is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V Black/Black

Best sounding N* IMHO is the GXP

1997 Cadillac SLS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora By Olds
    Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvmCoYHh1tU

My aurora on the day I custom built my exhaust. I decided to see what she sounded like with nothing on it but the manifolds and collector. Not bad at the higher RPM's Needless to say its a bit quieter now :-)

sounds badd azz

auroradude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 Aurora, 08 Z06

Sounds bad ass, but have to say it looks like it isnt going anywhere even with all that sound unfortunately. This car shouldve had the 4.6.

So you just took off the mufflers and that was it right? The cats are still there or are they not? Also man, wow, you beat the shit out of that thing dont you? People say I used to drive mine hard but I NEVER drove it like that...LOL.

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

There was a guy on the forum who ran straight pipes on a 95 STS I think. He said the neighbors just l o v e d him.

Quote Originally Posted by auroradude
    Sounds bad ass, but have to say it looks like it isnt going anywhere even with all that sound unfortunately. This car shouldve had the 4.6.

So you just took off the mufflers and that was it right? The cats are still there or are they not? Also man, wow, you beat the shit out of that thing dont you? People say I used to drive mine hard but I NEVER drove it like that...LOL.
    No cats, no mufflers, no pipe, nothing. Just manifolds and the short collector was on it at the time of the taping. It had plenty more power, and actually got up and shit a lot better, despite what it looks like on tape.
    I now have an exhaust system on it that im not really happy with, but im in the process of fine tuning it.
    I wouldn's say I beat the shit out of it either, I just drive it like it was made to be driven. Im sure it can handle everything I put to it and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by auroradude
    Also man, wow, you beat the shit out of that thing dont you? People say I used to drive mine hard but I NEVER drove it like that...LOL.
    Wow if you think thats a beating you should get out more often. That was tame in most circles. I didnt see nor hear anything that I thought would be detrimental to the Rora at all.

It looked like maybe 2 people drive that road per day, where is that?

auroradude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 Aurora, 08 Z06

Your forgetting something. This motor was designed high performance but when nearing 100,000 miles its a lot ****ing worse to be doing that. Add to that if a previous owner did poor maintenance that makes it even worse.

Besides, its not so much the engine you have to worry about, but the transmission too. You think that tranny will hold up to that kind of use day in and day out with 100k+? I really dont think it will at all. Maybe for a few months or something. But I bet a lot of people on this forum would disagree with that kind of use and abuse because its built high-po.

BTW, haha, I get out a lot...but I dont drive my car like that. I drive the leased cars WOT out of every stop.

100k isnt anything thing to these engines IF properly maintained. You are rite there. But a well maint North* can endure that what you saw and a whole hell of lot more.

I understand your reasoning, but its not warranted. Besides, the guy was making a video. Would have been dumb if he was putting down the road at 40 mph with no WOT.

I drive like this on a daily basis, the pedal hits the floor pretty much every time the car moves. Has 140k on it, and ive been beating it for the last 60k miles. The only thing I ever expect to go on it is the trans, and all that really would set me back is $450 from a junk yard and a long days worth of labor. Well worth it IMHO. Other than that, it is well maintained, and I dont forsee any problems otherwise. 100k isnt anything anymore.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.