Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  caddydaddy 
#1 ·
Hi,
Can anybody help me identify a set of performance mufflers for a UK Spec 1999 Cadillac STS?
I live in Scotland so I would need the manufacturer, part number & supplier so I can order the correct ones from the US.

I'm not looking for a "Catback" system, just some better flowing slip on mufflers that have a deeptone note without too much noise & resonance. Dynomax & Borla are 2 of the US types I have been looking at but I would like to ask your advice on exact fitment. State the dimensions of the mufflers if known.

Please also advise if the OE spec mufflers can be modified (drilled) or if anybody has tried "cherry bombs" or "glasspacks".

#2 ·
The Dynomax mufflers sound like they'd be what you're looking for. You're not going to gain much performance wise by simply changing mufflers, but it will sound nice. As for the exact dimensions, you can measure the ones on your car for a direct replacement, or go with a shorter case muffler which will be a bit louder.

Glasspacks (cherry bombs) would be really loud, I'd advise against that idea.

#3 ·
I know you don't want a cat-back, but you really can't go wrong with the Corsa cat-back. The 23 HP gain AND the awesome sound is worth it! The downside would be the price. It's also great because when cruising it's not too loud, until you get on the throttle! It will be hard finding some aftermarket mufflers that don't have the resonance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.