Northstar performance parts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Northstar performance parts in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Im having trouble finding what im looking for on the forum and on the net.. been searching for a few ...
    chris_gamble is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Northstar performance parts

Im having trouble finding what im looking for on the forum and on the net.. been searching for a few weeks with little success... could anyone give me some sites that i can find performance parts for any year northstar? my goal is between 400-450 hp without nitrous... (but i do plan on having nitrous)
    so any sites for:
    pistons
    cams
    cranks
    intakes
    headers, etc
    thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

eldorado1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Northstar performance parts

You can get most of that here:

www.chrfab.com

96-deville-man is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

yep thats the only place i know of that make parts for a northstar but you better have money! im not sure what the stock tranny can handle but you may have trouble with it.

auroradude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 Aurora, 08 Z06

Hey, wait a minute. I thought CHRFAB wasnt for street legal cars? I was under the impression they didnt do ANYTHING for street cars, just northstar powered sand rods and other hippy stuff like that.

CHRFab sells performance parts for northstar engines. They've sold to people who have northstar powered hot rods, sand rails, fieros, cadillacs, oldsmobiles, whatever...

If you want to get technical, there's a lot of things people put on their cars that aren't "street legal"...

zonie77 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 ETC,97 STS

If your looking to just "hop up" your car you're low on luck. Most of the stuff was done by the factory.

The exhaust is a weak area but space really limits what can be done. There's a current thread about this.

What have you got?

There's member who has done a lot of work but I can't find a link to his site. Some one else should add it shortly.

parts68 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 Escalade,96 Aurora,with Shelby engine

You can get a 50% increase in a Honda(adding 40 HP) by doing a few mods.
    its pretty hard to get a 50% increase in a N* as the factory has tweaked it pretty good before you got it.As stated air and exhaust are a good start.
    after that drivability may be suspect.
    CHEAP
    FAST
    RELIABLE
    pick 2

well this isnt going to be a northstar in a caddy.. its goin into a fiero.. i joined this forum to find info on the northstar.. im still looking for the engine itself so im just trying to price everything together.. and i'll be building 2 N*'s eventually cuz my buddy wants to put one in his Countach replica. thanks for the info.

You on PFF?

i am on PFF as Gamble

wcapman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Chris, you may remember me from the Fiero Forum. I put together one of the first 5 speed Northstar Fieros, and still drive it, BTW.

I, too, was looking for more performance. So a few years ago I started a performance engine. Paul Vanderley lives right around the corner almost. He's the guy who raced the IMSA Fieros. Paul took a liking to my project and together we put togther an engine that should easily develop 375 hp and turn well over 8000 rpm. This engine has ported heads, 100 lb valve springs, CHRFAB 272 cams, advanced intake cam sprockets, Eagle ESP rods, and a Vanderley balancing. You would have to see how he does this to appreciate the detail. He grinds and polishes everything. The pistons are from a 93. I have the Holley 950 Commander programmed by CHRFAB, a nearly completed wiring harness (needs AC/ alternator), 25 lb injectors, 96 ISM TB, and I even have a rebuildable Quartermaster clutch. If one was REALLLY interested I have a Getrag with a limited slip differential that has been built up. The block has been inserted. This engine is right and has never been run. I had a beautiful 88 that this was going into.

And then Katrina came along and just changed everything. I live in Gulfport, MS. The car ended up in the Mississippi Sound somewhere. It was at a friends house on the beach. I live well inland. My plant was flooded, and everything here is still a mess. I can't drive my car for risk of hitting debris on the road, and then all the street rods are gone and there are no more shows to go to anyway.

Bottom line is I may be interested in selling this engine and or transmission to the right person. If you or anyone on this forum is interested, please contact me. I can give you all kinds of information about how to put this in a Fiero.

What are you looking to get for the barebones longblock? Also, curious why you decided to keep the stock pistons?

wcapman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm really more interested in selling the entire engine. At the time I started this only the Holley 950 was suitable as an aftermarket ECM. AFter obtaining the Holley and acquiring the necessary parts to finish the engine, several other fuel management systems became available. I have a reprogrammed factory chip in my stock 95 275 OBD1 currently with a manual tranny in the Fiero. Fun to drive. Viper fast to 60. Took out the VATS, TCS, Auto, everything that didn't manage the engine.

In talking to Alan Johnson back then, he recommended the 93 pistons because they have larger top rings than later models. Alan said he ran the stock pistons to 10K. The Holley will only map to 8500 rpm so that was going to be my red line anyway.

I was looking forward to retiring and tinkering this year, but Katrina came along. Now a lot of things I once considered important aren't nearly so, anymore.

wcapman, well i was gonna pm you but it said i need 50 posts before i can pm anyone... so i guess i have to post it here,.. how much are you wanting for the setup.. i am very interested. just need to figure a way to get the funds soon (doin odd jobs here and there and trying to find a real job soon!!) im on the PFF forum as Gamble so pm me there. thank you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.