Heater core replacement, help!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Heater core replacement, help! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Well it appears we screwed up when replacing the engine. We forgot to take a hose off the heater core ...
    Luey357 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Heater core replacement, help!

Well it appears we screwed up when replacing the engine. We forgot to take a hose off the heater core and when we raised the body it broke some of the plastic off. So now i'm guessing we have replace the heater core and I did some searches and came up with nothing. Do I have to take out the whole dash or what? I have all the factory manuals, but that just says to remove "instrument panel compartment" and there is nothing on removing that item.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Heater core replacement, help!

BTW, we have the engine still out, so can I replace it by removing the hvac module? Can I even remove the hvac module? It appears that there is two studs and two bolts remaining that is coming from inside that either is difficult or impossible to get at.

Nevermind, figured it out (after taking hvac module out). It came out from inside the car fairly easy. Now we just have to seal up the hvac module and finish installing engine. Monday we'll get the new heater core.

tgs2101 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Could you give a brief description of the heater core replacement steps you took, to replace your heater core? I think mine is clogged up, or rusty or something, as that is the only thing I haven't replaced in the cooling system.

But at this point, I'm afraid it's the head gaskets.

Since you replaced the engine, would it be easier (time/materials) to spend $3K on a guaranteed used NorthStar Engine vs. just replacing the head gaskets?

I have 132K miles on this engine.

Thanks,

Tommy

krimson_cardnal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 96DeVille

check in tech tips heater core replacement. it's for a 96DeVill I just did should be a good guide for you. K_C

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.