Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Gm top engine cleaner

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Zorb750 
#1 ·
who makes it and where can you find generic stuff.
I want to do an overnight soak to remove lots of carbon.
Just did a compression test on 95 Rora lowest was 185
(piston top looked clean on that one) highest was 220 and piston
had alot of carbon buildup.
all the rest were in the 200-210 range.

#3 ·
Yeah I was asking this question a little while ago. Just go to any GM dealer's parts area and ask for it, won't be much. There is a generic alternative, which is SeaFoam, and you can get that in a typical auto parts store. It works well, but not as well as GM's stuff, if you ask me.

#8 ·
Oh OK, i just researched it actually but its all good. I used to hammer the gas all the time, but to preserve the trans and diff etc, I generally keep it under 4500 all the time. I just blasted it to 6000 all the way thru 1st and 2nd today passing left lane bandits on the shoulder. I'd say I WOT about 3 or 4 times a week.

#10 ·
It burns quickly in my experience in every car I have used it in, has 10% alcohol, and the 94 is a waste of money. I'm 99% exclusively BP/Amoco 93 with Mobil 93 or Shell 93 if I absolutely have to. Shell seems to burn fast evry time I buy it though, but not as bad as Sunoco.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.