Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  96-deville-man 
#1 ·
Well i got my car running again. changed the spark plugs wich fixed the rough idle. cylinder 5 was fouled. I must say it was really easy to chang them. then took it out for a test ride and man it ran great!! even hit 104! and it was still climing but thats way to fast for the public streets. but it was the dump road wich was empty except for me and 3 ricers lol.

Now back to was i posted this for. Im thinking about getting 4 msd coil packs. for wich i will later get the interfaces and controler. has anybody used them? what kind of gains will i get if any?

#5 ·
Not that I doubt you, but how can you afford a supercharger at 15? I could barely afford a rust bucket to drive at 16... A supercharger hasn't been done, and is bound to set you back at least $3000. Not including labor and tuning, which I have to assume you'll be doing.

#6 ·
eldorado1 said:
Not that I doubt you, but how can you afford a supercharger at 15? I could barely afford a rust bucket to drive at 16... A supercharger hasn't been done, and is bound to set you back at least $3000. Not including labor and tuning, which I have to assume you'll be doing.
i have a buddy who i will have do the tuning. I will not be supercharging it for a while just planing ahead. i will be haveing headers made after i save up about $600 for them. when i do supercharge it i will have alot more than $3000 in it because i plan on having a full custom build done on the engine to make it safe to run like 12psi daily and upto like 20psi on the track. I wanna build it were it is very durable at high boost and take a beating.

#7 ·
what in the world are you going to do with a FWD cadillac with 700+hp?

To partly answer your original question, it's likely neither coil will give you much hotter spark than stock. A CDI system would be what you want, and I don't think anybody has one for the northstar ignition system.

#8 ·
eldorado1 said:
what in the world are you going to do with a FWD cadillac with 700+hp?

To partly answer your original question, it's likely neither coil will give you much hotter spark than stock. A CDI system would be what you want, and I don't think anybody has one for the northstar ignition system.
main reason i love power and comfort. second who els has one?

i plan on running a full msd setup.
Four (4) GM 2-Tower Coil Packs #8224
Four (4) GM Coil Interface Modules #8870
One (1) DIS-4 Plus Ignition Conrols #62152

the DIS-4 has a 2 step rev limit so i could set it lower for a good launch. i think that this is the best setup i could run.

and how much is the current price on a tb and spacer from you?

#13 ·
eldorado1 said:
I think it was Mark99STS or something close that just did a custom supercharger. He even has a video of it posted. If I am not mistaken, he said it set him back $12,000. It may be in the Seville section.

#14 ·
Ranger said:
I think it was Mark99STS or something close that just did a custom supercharger. He even has a video of it posted. If I am not mistaken, he said it set him back $12,000. It may be in the Seville section.
That was a turbocharger, but the price is a pretty good indicator of a "job well done". I think you could do a centrifugal supercharger setup for about $3000 if you did all the work yourself. You'd need a higher flow fuel pump, fuel injectors, a piggyback ECM, and a head unit. Mark went the extra mile with a custom fuel rail setup (not really needed) and an intercooler. I'm sure a part of that $12,000 included tuning costs.

#20 ·
eldorado1 said:
That was a turbocharger, but the price is a pretty good indicator of a "job well done". I think you could do a centrifugal supercharger setup for about $3000 if you did all the work yourself. You'd need a higher flow fuel pump, fuel injectors, a piggyback ECM, and a head unit. Mark went the extra mile with a custom fuel rail setup (not really needed) and an intercooler. I'm sure a part of that $12,000 included tuning costs.
Im gonna try to run a roots type but i dont know if i can get it to fit. more than likly end up running a centrifugal. I will be having my buddy doin the piggy back setup he knows his stuff hes got a viper piggyback controller hooked up to his 1500 ram.
I dont think ill have an intercooler.

Headers o a N* thats an idea, I wonder how hard it would be to do and how much more power u could get
from what i have been reading im expecting about 15hp probably more some people have said up to 40hp.

$250 shipped for an 80mm throttle body and spacer :thumbsup:
let me see what i have after work sunday is should be close!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.