coolant loss
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, coolant loss in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hello,new to the forum.Iwas just wondering,i can not see a leak from my cooling system but i have a small ...
    caddysteve is offline Cadillac Owners Member

coolant loss

Hello,new to the forum.Iwas just wondering,i can not see a leak from my cooling system but i have a small leak.I noticed the passenger floor was a little bit wet but i am not sure if this is coolant or just road snow/salt (tend to use alot of salt here in ontario canada).Temperature has not changed in the two years i have had the car(always around 198 to 203 at the most).just wondering where thios coolant might be going.thanks for the advice in advance.

By the way the car is a 1993 sts with 245000 kms on it if that helps.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: coolant loss

If you have coolant on the floor in the passenger side, it is coming from a leaky heater core. You should be seeing foggy windows with an oily residue as well.

Thanks ranger for answering so quick.I do not see any window fog, this seems to be baffling me.I'm not new to cars but definately northstars and cadillacs in general(always drove dodges{i can hear it now}.I have checked all connections that i can find and they are bone dry.Is there another system maybe for the heater in the back console? thanks for the help, much appreciated.

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

I'd check to see if what fluid was on the passenger floor. If it is coolant, it's dripping down from the heater core, like Ranger said. The heater core is right behind the glove box.

Thankyou for answering so fast. Iwill check it out tomorrow(it is way to cold to bother with it now).I nothing major,I just paid a little less than seven hundred to have vthe alternator replaced(something to do with the heated windshield).anyway thanks again for the responses.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

In this respect, cadillac is no different than Dodge, Ford or any other car. Coolant on the passenger side floor is a leaky heater core.

Thankyou to all. You were right(sort of).Found a leaking hose clamp.Thankyou all again for the help( feel like a complete moron{oh well #### happens}. If you need help with the old girls keep me in mind.Thanks alot guys!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.