Gas-saving gadgets article
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Gas-saving gadgets article in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I think this has been posted here before, but just in case, here it is again. Have you ever wondered ...
    mcowden is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Gas-saving gadgets article

I think this has been posted here before, but just in case, here it is again. Have you ever wondered if those fuel line magnets, the Tornado, and water vapor injectors really do anything for your gas mileage? Popular Mechanics put them to the test and you can see for yourself what the results are. By now, you've probably already guessed the answer. Enjoy!

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...y/1802932.html
    Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

capn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado ETC

Re: Gas-saving gadgets article

well, from what ive learned the most gas mileage trick is a well maintained engine and NOT having a lead foot.

i have over 145,000 miles on my 94 eldorado, and i get 25-27mpg on my highway trips depending on if i obey the speed limit more or less.

94CaddyConcours is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 CADILLAC DEVILLE CONCOURS, 350ZR

Quote Originally Posted by mcowden
    I think this has been posted here before, but just in case, here it is again. Have you ever wondered if those ads for fuel line magnets, the Tornado, and water vapor injectors really do anything for your gas mileage? Popular Mechanics put them to the test and you can see for yourself what the results are. By now, you've probably already guessed the answer. Enjoy!

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...y/1802932.html
    If a manufacter have a device for fuel saving economy for a car it would have been on the car in the beginning.

thu
    thu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville

I love the last two sentences of the Popular Mechanics article:

"Someone will buy [these worthless gadgets]. Probably not you."

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

I worked at a newspaper that was continuously getting barraged with pitches for this kind of stuff. Some of the presentations by the salesmen were so outrageous that they had to have practiced for weeks at keeping a straight face. What's really funny is that this stuff keeps getting recycled. Some of the gadgets have been around in one form or another for nearly 80 years. A common statement is "It may take a week or two for this thing to kick in and really get working". Enough time for the flim-flam man to get out of town. The more expensive it is, the more the buyer lies about and defends his purchase. To get that really great milage you have to do the same thing the other guy does, lie.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

I was watching a TV show one night where they were supposedly examing one of these gas saving gadgets. I think it was the "Platinum Gas Saver" that is supposed to coat the inside of the combustion chamber with paltinum. The captive engineer came out with the standard engineers response. "That's the most rediculous goddamn thing I ever heard in my life", a true show stopper.

auroradude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 Aurora, 08 Z06

All of these devices are garbage.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.