1996 Eldorado Codes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 1996 Eldorado Codes in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Can Anyone Help Me Find Out What These Codes Are Pc0101 Pc0135 Pc0603 Pc1108 Pc1406 Pc1599 Ip1910 I Have A ...
    rudeboyralph13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

1996 Eldorado Codes

Can Anyone Help Me Find Out What These Codes Are

Pc0101
    Pc0135
    Pc0603
    Pc1108
    Pc1406
    Pc1599
    Ip1910

I Have A 1996 Eldorado With 93000 Miles On It My Car Has Been Working Fine Unitl Today I Started It And It Was Idling Like It Was Missing And Kept Cutting Out Until It Would Not Start Unless I Held Down The Accelerator Pedal. And I Got These Codes Can Anyone Help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mcowden is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: 1996 Eldorado Codes

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyralph13
    Can Anyone Help Me Find Out What These Codes Are

Pc0101
    Pc0135
    Pc0603
    Pc1108
    Pc1406
    Pc1599
    Ip1910

I Have A 1996 Eldorado With 93000 Miles On It My Car Has Been Working Fine Unitl Today I Started It And It Was Idling Like It Was Missing And Kept Cutting Out Until It Would Not Start Unless I Held Down The Accelerator Pedal. And I Got These Codes Can Anyone Help.
    The PC0101 code is for the MAF sensor. Make sure it's properly plugged in and the wiring is good. If it's all good electrically, replace the MAF sensor with an AC-Delco unit. The PC0135 code is for the oxygen sensor in the exhaust manifold for the rear cylinder bank. Replace that O2 sensor with an AC-Delco unit and you will solve that problem. PC0603 is nothing to worry about, so you can ignore that one. The PC1108 means "P1108 - BARO to MAP Sensor Comparison Too High" and I have no idea what that means so hopefully someone else will chime in with an answer for you on that one. The PC1406 code means "P1406 - EGR Valve Pintle Position Circuit" so the EGR valve probably needs to be cleaned or replaced to solve that one. PC1599 means "P1599 - Engine Stall or Near Stall Detected" so that shows the engine died previously. If you solve the other codes, the 1599 won't come back. Sounds like you have some maintenance work to do on the car. How long has the Service Engine Soon light been on, or did it eventually burn out?
    Mike

Thanks Mcowden Im Going To Try To Clean The Egr Today I'll Let You Know What Happens Thanks For The Help.

What Is The Maf Sensor And Where Is It Located On My Eldo 96

mcowden is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyralph13
    What Is The Maf Sensor And Where Is It Located On My Eldo 96
    The MAF sensor is the Mass Air Flow sensor. It heats up a wire to a specific temperature and the air moving into the engine cools the wire down. The computer measures how much power it takes to keep the wire at the right temperature, and that helps it determine how much air is actually moving into the engine so it can pick the right fuel delivery rate. If it's not working properly, the computer has to make some guesses about how much fuel to deliver, and strange running problems can result.

If you look at the air filter box and the hose that goes into the intake, that air hose connects to the MAF. It's a black plastic tube connected to the throttle body with 3 small bolts. Remove the air hose from it by loosening the screw on the clamp and pulling on the hose. Once that's off, you'll see the screen to straighten out the air flow through the MAF. Disconnect the wire that plugs into the sensor, remove the three bolts, and pull it up and out. A replacement MAF is kind of expensive, $198 at www.rockauto.com, and you'll get $66 of that back when you send your old one back to them. It's AC-Delco part number 2131616 for your car. Check the wiring and the connector to the MAF before replacing it. Make sure your air filter is good. AC-Delco air filters are darn good, as are most of the aftermarket filters. K&N and other oiled filters could ruin the MAF by coating the thing with oil.

Here is a thread about cleaning the EGR valve:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=59077
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mcowden
    The MAF sensor is the Mass Air Flow sensor. It heats up a wire to a specific temperature and the air moving into the engine cools the wire down. The computer measures how much power it takes to keep the wire at the right temperature, and that helps it determine how much air is actually moving into the engine so it can pick the right fuel delivery rate. If it's not working properly, the computer has to make some guesses about how much fuel to deliver, and strange running problems can result.

If you look at the air filter box and the hose that goes into the intake, that air hose connects to the MAF. It's a black plastic tube connected to the throttle body with 3 small bolts. Remove the air hose from it by loosening the screw on the clamp and pulling on the hose. Once that's off, you'll see the screen to straighten out the air flow through the MAF. Disconnect the wire that plugs into the sensor, remove the three bolts, and pull it up and out. A replacement MAF is kind of expensive, $198 at www.rockauto.com, and you'll get $66 of that back when you send your old one back to them. It's AC-Delco part number 2131616 for your car. Check the wiring and the connector to the MAF before replacing it. Make sure your air filter is good. AC-Delco air filters are darn good, as are most of the aftermarket filters. K&N and other oiled filters could ruin the MAF by coating the thing with oil.

Here is a thread about cleaning the EGR valve:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=59077

HOW DO U GET THE STAINLESS STEEL FUEL LINES OUT OF THE WAY TO CHANGE THE REMOVE THE EGR VALVE? REALLY NEED HELP

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

You'll have to depressurize the line, remove the hold downs, disconnect the fuel rail at the supply line and lift the entire fuel rail with injectors attatched.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.