94 sls overheating,maybe...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 94 sls overheating,maybe... in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I own a 94 sls that up until about 2months ago was great..The engine overheated (or so I thought ) ...
    dslide is offline Cadillac Owners Member

94 sls overheating,maybe...

I own a 94 sls that up until about 2months ago was great..The engine overheated (or so I thought ) ,replaced the thermostat,flushed twice ,replaced temp. sensor(thanks for the location info) with no luck.I finally looked into the codes and noticed that po14 -shorted coolant temp sensor and po73 -intermittent coolant sensor signal were both in the history .I then ran a test and both of them came up .are they both pointing to the temp sensor ? where do I begin?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 94 sls overheating,maybe...

I seem to recall our old friend "Rob" saying that there was a coolant temp sensor and a metal temp sensor in one of the heads ........I think.

dslide is offline Cadillac Owners Member

could you possibly give me any more info on the po14 and po73 codes that were displayed
    thanks
    Ryan

eldorado1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Yeah, it means change your coolant temp sensor, and check the wiring.

It's seeing it shorted and an intermittant signal.

oops, you already changed it. Well still check the wiring for shorts.

Eldyfig is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)

P014 - As sensor temp increases, resistance decreases. A high coolant temp will result in low signal voltage. Code P014 sets because engine coolant temp can't be greater than 296 when intake air is less than 212. The failure condition is when the coolant sensor value is greater than or equal to 298 for 2 seconds.

P073 - Sets when PCM detects a large change in sensor output voltage in a one-second period.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.