Delco VS Bosch Plug Wires
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Delco VS Bosch Plug Wires in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I need to replace my plug wires for my 99 DeVille, has anyone used the Bosch wires listed below...I'd like ...
    nosmo_king is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Delco VS Bosch Plug Wires

I need to replace my plug wires for my 99 DeVille, has anyone used the Bosch wires listed below...I'd like to save the $35.00 ( from autopartsgiant.com ) if these are a good choice although I've been told to stick with O.E. and has anyone dealt with this parts supplier? Thanks

BOSCH 09734 PREMIUM SPARK PLUG WIRE SET 65.67 VS
    AC DELCO 748Q SPARKPLUG WIRE KIT 100.26

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

eldorado1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Delco VS Bosch Plug Wires

I am running cheap-o autozone wires. For the longest time I thought this backfiring problem was due to this, but turned out it was a leaky injector. Now I have no problems at all, no radio interference, no missing, runs perfect. I may be the exception, I don't know, but I can say that you get what you pay for...

Thanks ElDorodo1,

How about anybody else, I was really hoping to find someone who has had experiance with Bosch wires and their thoughts on them??

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

I had a set of Bosch wires on my old '66 Mustang, but that's a completely different animal. They worked great though. I've heard of a few people having RFI problems with non-OEM wires and ending up with dead blower motors because of this. I used the OEm wires when I replaced mine so I can't tell you from personal experience. When in douobt though, stick with OEM. It may be more expensive, but at least you knwo that they have been properly tested on the car, and shoudl work perfectly. That's the draw back with using aftermarket stuff, it's pretty much trial and error until you find a set that works fine. These bosch wires might work great, or they might not. For what it's worth, their spark plugs are crap, and shouldn't be used in case you need to replace them in the future too. Just a heads up. Good Luck.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Hmm... on a related note, anyone know the difference between the 748J and 748Q plug wires? J is what comes up when I search for my 95 Eldo, but when I search for a 98 ETC for example it comes up with 748Q.

jadcock is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 2001 STS

The plug wire set is different between a 1995 and a 1998 car. In '95, the left bank (front) wires were routed over the water pump area and then down the length of the cylinder head. Starting in 1996, the four wires for the left bank routed straight over the intake manifold. There is a difference in length, and a different part number.

Regarding aftermarket vs. OE, I'd stick with OE everytime. Having said that, I was in a pinch a year ago at Thanksgiving time. The dealer had just performed the fuel rail recall on my '97, and I think they damaged one or more of the wires. The wires were original, so they were getting old anyway. I think the severe handling was the last straw. Anyway, the engine was misfiring at about 1/2 throttle or more, and we were due to take a 1500-mile trip at Thanksgiving. I promptly ordered up a set of ACDelco wires from GMpartsdirect.com and after over a week of being "back ordered" and not getting any info from them, I cancelled my order and went to my local Advance Auto. I could have bought the ACDelcos for about $130, or Autolite Professionals for $65. I tried the Autolites. So far, so good. It's been about a year and 10,000 miles or so probably. The plugs are still original, and when I change those, I WILL use ACDelco, but so far, the Autolite wires are holding up fine.

I've never had good experience with Bosch parts on an American car, but haven't had their wires in particular, so I can't comment on them. I had lousy experience with O2 sensors and spark plugs from Bosch, and have generally decided against Bosch anything in the future.

Well I purchased the Bosh wires from "AutoZone" for $69.99 saving myself the trouble of paying S&H plus the wait time, so far so good, they seem to be fine but time will tell, I can tell the dif. in wire thickness though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.