N* feels shuddery
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, N* feels shuddery in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; This has happened a couple of times. My wifes '04 Deville DHS it has 22,043 miles. When we are accelerating ...
    mccombie_5 is offline Cadillac Owners Master

N* feels shuddery

This has happened a couple of times. My wifes '04 Deville DHS it has 22,043 miles.

When we are accelerating (+60mph) on the motorway the engine shudders, it sort of coughs so to speak, i cant really describe it, but for two to three seconds the engien runs rough. Shakes.

This has happened about four times in between 60-90 mph, and is only when i accelerate, not when i am cruising along.

Anyone got any ideas?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: N* feels shuddery

Anyone? Please there is something wrong with this car, and i am unsure of what it is, i would like to go to the auto shop with some clue of what is wrong...

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

First thing to do is check for any stored DTC's. Your answer may be there. Rather unusual for a car that new with such low milage. I assume it is still under warranty. Let us know what you find.

powerglide is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Yeah thats kinda strange....i wonder if its ignition related: plug/wire/coil (I know they shouldn't give out already but its pretty easy to break a plug wire if you move it around......maybe its fuel delivery related.......check for DTCs and post back like Ranger said. Hopefully there will be a hint or two stored in there.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

'04 should not have plug wires. I believe they went to COP (coil on plug) ignition around 2000 or so. My '02 has it. It is a large unit that runs the length of the cam cover. The bad thing is you replace all 4 coils as a unit. Can't be cheap if you are footing the bill. So that would rule out plug wires. Maybe an intermitent coil or crankshaft sensor?

D'oh!

Not the wires then.....

Taking it to a UK dealer in the morning, booke din for an appointment.

HOPEFULLY they have experience with the 275 N*

I guess one downside of owning a fleet of cars is that statistically speaking, there's bound to be at least one that needs some attention!

Now you got the new S to shake down, the 99 dev on its way, the 545 in the shop and now this cars headed there too....did i miss any

Quote Originally Posted by powerglide
    I guess one downside of owning a fleet of cars is that statistically speaking, there's bound to be at least one that needs some attention!

Now you got the new S to shake down, the 99 dev on its way, the 545 in the shop and now this cars headed there too....did i miss any
    The S is ok for now, it will need some attention soon though. My Vauxhall Vectra is in need of a new set of front tyres, but they can wait, theres a thousand miles or so left in them. The 545i is getting its repairs, should be sorted in a couple of weeks, and now this with the Deville, it isnt a major problem, and has only happened a few times, but i dont want it to be something serious. We will probably keep this car for a few years after my wife replaces it.

My son has already sold his Vauxhall, so i have had to loan him my Rover 114 until the BMW is fixed.

Yeah there is always something wrong with at elast one of them.

I hope to get this DHS issue fixed soon.

auroradude is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 Aurora, 08 Z06

Wow you have an S600. those things are so quick with the twin-turbo setup. Ive driven one before, they are sick.

Quote Originally Posted by auroradude
    Wow you have an S600. those things are so quick with the twin-turbo setup. Ive driven one before, they are sick.
    Ya, you just gotta love that V12......

I just got it last week too, works out about $24000 US, black/black 42,000 miles.

They fixed it. They did say what it was, but i was more concerned with the ptrice, although it wasnt much. The mechanic had it for an hour, i cam back and he said it was something hadn't been tightened correctly. HE tightened it, but i had to pay an hour's labour Which was £73 plus VAT.

Not that bad, but still, its fine now.

Cool!

One down 4 more to go

Haha yes.

Well the Astra is going to be sold soon so that is one off my back,shes replacing it with this 99 Deville, bit of a switch though.

I will miss the Astra, its great for a bit of fun, the same can be said for the Rover 114, i think im going to give that to my dad as a run around. He has a Vectra too, his is the base model though, and his wife has a terrible habit of driving it because the Trooper isnt comfortable enough for her, so he could use it, that would drop two.

There is a 92 Vauxhall Cavalier at my house in Scotland, that is going, Im going to take one of mine up there.

Probably the 04 Deville when it is replaced next year.

Im having a real sort out.

Anyway, the BMW is underway in the work, the DHS is now fixed, it will only cost a couple of hundered fro the Vectra's tyres, so all is well.

UNtil i have to have the Benz serivces

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by auroradude
    1998 MB S600 isn't twin turbo. It's the old V12 in that one, 6.0 liter, either 389 or 394HP depending on the year, I forget what 1998 was. I'm leaning toward 389.

My 7 is faster.

Honestly, I had 1995 S600 and it was a very decent car, unlike what everyone said about BMW and Mercedes V12s, I haven't had much of any problem with either car. Nothing at all powertrain related.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.